From: Karl E. Peterson on
Well, that certainly didn't take long.

I've been kicked out of the "social" forums.

Apparently, the last banner I rotated too didn't sit so well.

http://vb.mvps.org/images/forumbanner3.gif

Example...
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/e1b94be4-b991-4419-a274-aa3a04e617e3/#edcafc18-bb95-4f7f-b034-1ed658d6e87c

Go figure... <LOL>

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Karl E. Peterson formulated on Thursday :
> Well, that certainly didn't take long.
>
> I've been kicked out of the "social" forums.
>
> Apparently, the last banner I rotated too didn't sit so well.
>
> http://vb.mvps.org/images/forumbanner3.gif
>
> Example...
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/e1b94be4-b991-4419-a274-aa3a04e617e3/#edcafc18-bb95-4f7f-b034-1ed658d6e87c
>
> Go figure... <LOL>

Actually, it was this post that gave me the idea:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/1380bbe7-1a63-4471-93e6-678191bf3586/#3af62191-28b9-4a29-9d4e-e58b5b60df1c

So all I was doing, the way I saw things, was following accepted
practice. Anyone disagree? <innocent eyeroll>

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Karl E. Peterson wrote on 6/10/2010 :
> Karl E. Peterson formulated on Thursday :
>> Well, that certainly didn't take long.
>>
>> I've been kicked out of the "social" forums.
>>
>> Apparently, the last banner I rotated too didn't sit so well.
>>
>> http://vb.mvps.org/images/forumbanner3.gif
>>
>> Example...
>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/e1b94be4-b991-4419-a274-aa3a04e617e3/#edcafc18-bb95-4f7f-b034-1ed658d6e87c
>>
>> Go figure... <LOL>
>
> Actually, it was this post that gave me the idea:
>
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/1380bbe7-1a63-4471-93e6-678191bf3586/#3af62191-28b9-4a29-9d4e-e58b5b60df1c
>
> So all I was doing, the way I saw things, was following accepted practice.
> Anyone disagree? <innocent eyeroll>

Why would a user be banned from the Forums?
A user may be banned from Forums for using abusive language in posts,
display names, using an abusive avatar, or spamming, among other
undesirable activities. Each case is considered carefully and a user is
generally banned only if there is no other recourse, or the abusive
action is repeated and blatant.
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/help#197

Huh. Well, I'm not sure how any of that applies...

From: senn on

"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> skrev i meddelelsen
> Karl E. Peterson formulated on Thursday :
>> Well, that certainly didn't take long.
>>
>> I've been kicked out of the "social" forums.
>>
>> Apparently, the last banner I rotated too didn't sit so well.
>>
>> http://vb.mvps.org/images/forumbanner3.gif
>>
>> Example...
>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/e1b94be4-b991-4419-a274-aa3a04e617e3/#edcafc18-bb95-4f7f-b034-1ed658d6e87c
>>
>> Go figure... <LOL>
>
> Actually, it was this post that gave me the idea:
>
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/1380bbe7-1a63-4471-93e6-678191bf3586/#3af62191-28b9-4a29-9d4e-e58b5b60df1c
>
> So all I was doing, the way I saw things, was following accepted practice.
> Anyone disagree? <innocent eyeroll>

Those moderators are young people -- the others too.
It's not only on forums and internet one meets arrogance to an
extend of sickness. In this country where I live, it's dangerous walking
on the pavement. Where speed-limits are 30 miles/hour, they come racing at
80 miles/hour. Even in winter with ice/snow cover. While servicing their
mobile behind the wheel. It's not a few - it's all.
But, welcome on board, Carl.
Same happend for me on social.expression. Doesn't matter in my case at all.
But serious for the vb petition.
Did you ever visit the "virtual pc guy". Were there and read some of his
answers. One goes like this.:
Sorry, I can't answer you question or help you, as you have showned
profanity. He had posted a script to drive the disc-drive. A visitor was a
bit -just a little bit - flamish that no comment followed on installing
the script.
A typical MSFT I concluded.
/se

/se