From: Larry Serflaten on

"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote

> >> Here's a VB6 forum in French:
> >> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/fr-FR/vb6fr/threads
> >>
> >> Here's a VB5/6 forum in Spanish:
> >> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/es-ES/vb56es/threads
> >
> > Those miserable bastards. They would have to start giving MVPs for classic
> > VB, wouldn't they? And they don't want to do that.
>
> Tell it to the horse: steveb(a)microsoft.com :-)

I would send off an email if I thought I might actually use an english
forum. But adding a similar forum for english speakers just isn't
a remedy for the mess they've created....

LFS

From: C. Kevin Provance on

"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote in message
: > C'mon Karl...
: >
: > You're not anything if not blatant!
: >
: > <g>
: > LFS
:
: I just wanted another dingleball... <sniff>

I sympathize. Every man is entitled to a pair of dingleballs.

--
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

Bawwk! Paulie want a dingleball, bawwk!

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Ulrich Korndoerfer wrote:
>> Here's a VB6 forum in French:
>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/fr-FR/vb6fr/threads
>>
>> Here's a VB5/6 forum in Spanish:
>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/es-ES/vb56es/threads
>
> Glad to see you found those.

I was too. It helped me shame a few folks in Redmond who told me there
wouldn't be any VB6 forums at all. I could say, "See, they lied to
you, too!"

> I used the existence of those to plea for a VB6
> german forum. We have it now, although under the misleading title
>
> "Visual Basic 6.0 - Interoperabilit�t und Upgrade"
>
> named after the english forum
>
> "Visual Basic Interop and Upgrade"

Interesting!

> However the chartas differ:
>
> "Diskutieren Sie hier Visual Basic 6.0 (VB6)-Themen oder besprechen Sie, wie
> Sie Ihre Anwendung von VB6 zu VB.NET migrieren k�nnen."
>
> roughly translated to
>
> "Discuss Visual Basic 6.0 (VB6)-themes or discuss how to migrate your
> application from VB6 to VB.NET".
>
> In opposite the english forum charta:
>
> "Discuss how to do upgrades of VB6 code to VB.NET. Covers questions on
> interop features, Interop Forms Toolkit, Upgrade wizard, but NOT for
> questions about VB6."
>
> See the difference?

Oh yeah! Big effin difference!

> Ongoing efforts try to switch at least forum naming.
>
> German VB6 forum link:
>
> <http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/de-DE/vbklassikde/threads>
>
> Note the vbklassikde part :-)

I like that. I like that A LOT! :-D

Thanks... Karl

--
..NET: It's About Trust! http://vfred.mvps.org
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

From: Karl E. Peterson on
C. Kevin Provance wrote:
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote in message
>>> C'mon Karl...
>>>
>>> You're not anything if not blatant!
>>>
>>> <g>
>>> LFS
>>
>> I just wanted another dingleball... <sniff>
>
> I sympathize. Every man is entitled to a pair of dingleballs.

Truer words...

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Larry Serflaten wrote:
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote

>>> Those miserable bastards. They would have to start giving MVPs for classic
>>> VB, wouldn't they? And they don't want to do that.
>>
>> Tell it to the horse: steveb(a)microsoft.com :-)
>
> I would send off an email if I thought I might actually use an english
> forum. But adding a similar forum for english speakers just isn't
> a remedy for the mess they've created....

Oh, I agree with that. It'd take away some of the "outlaw" aspect,
too. What fun would that be?

The more I play in the forums, the more I'm convinced I'll be here on
usenet until it really is shot and killed for good.