From: Karl E. Peterson on
Larry Serflaten wrote:
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote

>>> Those miserable bastards. They would have to start giving MVPs for classic
>>> VB, wouldn't they? And they don't want to do that.
>>
>> Tell it to the horse: steveb(a)microsoft.com :-)
>
> I would send off an email if I thought I might actually use an english
> forum. But adding a similar forum for english speakers just isn't
> a remedy for the mess they've created....

Oh, I agree with that. It'd take away some of the "outlaw" aspect,
too. What fun would that be?

The more I play in the forums, the more I'm convinced I'll be here on
usenet until it really is shot and killed for good.

--
..NET: It's About Trust! http://vfred.mvps.org
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

From: C. Kevin Provance on

"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote in message
: > Note the vbklassikde part :-)
:
: I like that. I like that A LOT! :-D
:

If memory serves, wasn't it you who coined the "VB Classic" term? I think
MSFT owes you some royalties on that, if so.

--
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

Bawwk! Paulie want a dingleball, bawwk!

From: Karl E. Peterson on

I'm holding out for their offer on www.classicvb.net ;-)

From: C. Kevin Provance on

:
: I'm holding out for their offer on www.classicvb.net ;-)
:

Is that to say, they have made a previous offer, which would have been a
lowball offer? If so, I wonder why they want that URL so bad? When I
registered aoladdons.com, AOL's lawyers threatened me in all kinds of ways
to relinquish the domain, only offering me what I paid to register it for
the three years I had left on it.

From: Larry Serflaten on

"C. Kevin Provance" <*@*.*> wrote

> If memory serves, wasn't it you who coined the "VB Classic" term? I think
> MSFT owes you some royalties on that, if so.

The way I remember it was that I was the first to combine those two terms
back in the OffRamp in the DevX newsgroups. Then a while later some guy
came around and said he was the first to use it but the dated posts showed
he wasn't first in the forums.

That was so many years ago now, and as far as I know, the OffRamp was
never archived, so its impossible to prove one way or another....

LFS