From: Karl E. Peterson on
C. Kevin Provance formulated on Thursday :
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote...
>>
>> I'm holding out for their offer on www.classicvb.net ;-)
>
> Is that to say, they have made a previous offer, which would have been a
> lowball offer? If so, I wonder why they want that URL so bad?

Ah, sorry for that impression, no. They haven't. I really doubt they
will. Not while Ballmer's still there.

> When I
> registered aoladdons.com, AOL's lawyers threatened me in all kinds of ways
> to relinquish the domain, only offering me what I paid to register it for
> the three years I had left on it.

I actually expect to hear from Coke's lawyers before Microsoft's. <g>

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Larry Serflaten used his keyboard to write :
> "C. Kevin Provance" <*@*.*> wrote
>
>> If memory serves, wasn't it you who coined the "VB Classic" term? I think
>> MSFT owes you some royalties on that, if so.
>
> The way I remember it was that I was the first to combine those two terms
> back in the OffRamp in the DevX newsgroups. Then a while later some guy
> came around and said he was the first to use it but the dated posts showed
> he wasn't first in the forums.
>
> That was so many years ago now, and as far as I know, the OffRamp was
> never archived, so its impossible to prove one way or another....

I don't honestly recall where I first heard it. But I certainly liked
it, and have done my best to help propogate it!

From: Ulrich Korndoerfer on
Karl E. Peterson schrieb:

>>> To be fair, a few English speaking folks have asked, as well.
>>
>> Did not doubt that, however it was not made public.
>
> The requests? Or an actual new group?

The request to open up a new VB6 MS forum. In microsoft.public.de.vb
there was a discussion about the missing VB6 forum for germans and
wether there should be made efforts to establish one.

--
Ulrich Korndoerfer

VB tips, helpers, solutions -> http://www.prosource.de/Downloads/
MS Newsgruppen Alternativen -> http://www.prosource.de/ms-ng-umzug.html
From: Karl E. Peterson on
Ulrich Korndoerfer explained on 6/11/2010 :

>>> Did not doubt that, however it was not made public.
>>
>> The requests? Or an actual new group?
>
> The request to open up a new VB6 MS forum. In microsoft.public.de.vb there
> was a discussion about the missing VB6 forum for germans and wether there
> should be made efforts to establish one.

So you think discussing it publicly on the newsgroups mattered? That's
interesting. Microsoft has actively avoided this group for years!

From: Mike Williams on
"Ulrich Korndoerfer" <ulrich_wants_nospam(a)prosource.de> wrote in message

> The request to open up a new VB6 MS forum. In
> microsoft.public.de.vb there was a discussion about
> the missing VB6 forum for germans and wether there
> should be made efforts to establish one.

Actually, as far as Micro$oft is concerned, you're quite fortunate in
Germany. At least when you pay Microsoft's exorbitant prices for a German
copy of Windows it does actually use the German language. Here in England we
are not so fortunate. They rip us off just the same for what they pretend is
an English version of windows, but it is just a lie, they are ripping us off
for no cost whatsoever to themselves, it is all in American!

Mike