From: Ulrich Korndoerfer on
Hi Karl,

Karl E. Peterson schrieb:
> Ulrich Korndoerfer explained on 6/11/2010 :

>>> The requests? Or an actual new group?
>>
>> The request to open up a new VB6 MS forum. In microsoft.public.de.vb
>> there was a discussion about the missing VB6 forum for germans and
>> wether there should be made efforts to establish one.
>
> So you think discussing it publicly on the newsgroups mattered? That's
> interesting. Microsoft has actively avoided this group for years!

I do not believe that it helped much to convince MS to establish a VB6
forum. However it helped to see wether the people in
microsoft.public.de.vb are interested in such a forum.

--
Ulrich Korndoerfer

VB tips, helpers, solutions -> http://www.prosource.de/Downloads/
MS Newsgruppen Alternativen -> http://www.prosource.de/ms-ng-umzug.html
From: RW on
On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 10:15:27 -0700, Karl E. Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org>
wrote:

>C. Kevin Provance formulated on Thursday :
>> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote...
>>>
>>> I'm holding out for their offer on www.classicvb.net ;-)
>>
>> Is that to say, they have made a previous offer, which would have been a
>> lowball offer? If so, I wonder why they want that URL so bad?
>
>Ah, sorry for that impression, no. They haven't. I really doubt they
>will. Not while Ballmer's still there.
>
>> When I
>> registered aoladdons.com, AOL's lawyers threatened me in all kinds of ways
>> to relinquish the domain, only offering me what I paid to register it for
>> the three years I had left on it.
>
>I actually expect to hear from Coke's lawyers before Microsoft's. <g>

To this day I believe Randy Birch would have a pretty good case for
copyright infringement against MS for essentially pirating "vbnet"
(despite the dot that distinguishes the two ID's). All dependent, of
course, on Randy having the financial resources for what would no
doubt prove to be a *very* protracted journey through the legal
system.
Then again, I'm not a lawyer so I could just be full of it!

RW
From: Karl E. Peterson on
After serious thinking RW wrote :
> On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 10:15:27 -0700, Karl E. Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org>
> wrote:
>
>> C. Kevin Provance formulated on Thursday :
>>> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote...

>>> Is that to say, they have made a previous offer, which would have been a
>>> lowball offer? If so, I wonder why they want that URL so bad?
>>
>> Ah, sorry for that impression, no. They haven't. I really doubt they
>> will. Not while Ballmer's still there.
>>
>>> When I
>>> registered aoladdons.com, AOL's lawyers threatened me in all kinds of ways
>>> to relinquish the domain, only offering me what I paid to register it for
>>> the three years I had left on it.
>>
>> I actually expect to hear from Coke's lawyers before Microsoft's. <g>
>>
> To this day I believe Randy Birch would have a pretty good case for
> copyright infringement against MS for essentially pirating "vbnet"
> (despite the dot that distinguishes the two ID's). All dependent, of
> course, on Randy having the financial resources for what would no
> doubt prove to be a *very* protracted journey through the legal
> system.
> Then again, I'm not a lawyer so I could just be full of it!

I'll bet if he wanted to pursue it, there'd be a legal team just
itching to do it on contingency. <g>

From: RW on
On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 14:34:59 -0700, Karl E. Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org>
wrote:

>After serious thinking RW wrote :
>> On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 10:15:27 -0700, Karl E. Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> C. Kevin Provance formulated on Thursday :

>>> Ah, sorry for that impression, no. They haven't. I really doubt they
>>> will. Not while Ballmer's still there.

>>> I actually expect to hear from Coke's lawyers before Microsoft's. <g>
>>>
>> To this day I believe Randy Birch would have a pretty good case for
>> copyright infringement against MS for essentially pirating "vbnet"
>> (despite the dot that distinguishes the two ID's). All dependent, of
>> course, on Randy having the financial resources for what would no
>> doubt prove to be a *very* protracted journey through the legal
>> system.
>> Then again, I'm not a lawyer so I could just be full of it!
>
>I'll bet if he wanted to pursue it, there'd be a legal team just
>itching to do it on contingency. <g>

True dat! : ^ D
And I'd go "all in" that were the circumstances reversed MS's legal
team long ago would have sent Randy "cease and desist or else"
letters.

RW
From: senn on

"Larry Serflaten" <serflaten(a)gmail.com> skrev i meddelelsen

> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote

>> > Those miserable bastards. They would have to start giving MVPs for
>> > classic
>> > VB, wouldn't they? And they don't want to do that.
>>
>> Tell it to the horse: steveb(a)microsoft.com :-)

Or the ditcher.
Just about the same, except that a horse is an
animal hopefully loved by everybody. That's not the case with
this labourer.
But my question; you posted the address to this ditcher.
Do you expect others to do what you don't want to do yourself ?.
Or *did* you write ?.
/se