From: C. Kevin Provance on

"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote in message
: LOL! Ohhhhkay, I see what you meant, now. Know what? That guy is
: apparently free to ask for dingleball votes. As are others. That's my
: justification for the banner that rotated through, as I see it. Hell,
: more than my justification, that was my inspiration!
: Bwaaahaahahahahaaaa...

: Btw, as you'll see, just because they "banned" my account, does not
: mean I lost access. <g>

I suppose it depends on the design of their system. With MediaWiki (what
most reputable wikis use), one can be banned either by username and/or IP.
If MSFT decied to ban your IP, you'll need to get creative. I have
suggestions for you if it comes to that. If it's good enough to circumvent
wikis and irc, it should be good enough for MSFT's excuse for a forum. <eg>

--
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

Bawwk! Paulie want a dingleball, bawwk!

From: Karl E. Peterson on
C. Kevin Provance wrote:
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote in message
>> LOL! Ohhhhkay, I see what you meant, now. Know what? That guy is
>> apparently free to ask for dingleball votes. As are others. That's my
>> justification for the banner that rotated through, as I see it. Hell,
>> more than my justification, that was my inspiration!
>> Bwaaahaahahahahaaaa...
>
>> Btw, as you'll see, just because they "banned" my account, does not
>> mean I lost access. <g>
>
> I suppose it depends on the design of their system. With MediaWiki (what
> most reputable wikis use), one can be banned either by username and/or IP.
> If MSFT decied to ban your IP, you'll need to get creative. I have
> suggestions for you if it comes to that. If it's good enough to circumvent
> wikis and irc, it should be good enough for MSFT's excuse for a forum. <eg>

They use pissport. <g> And, they couldn't ban my IP without banning
lots and lots of other customers, either. I think I'm covered, for now
at least. But ya just never know, I suppose.

--
..NET: It's About Trust! http://vfred.mvps.org
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

From: Larry Serflaten on

"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote

> Why would a user be banned from the Forums?
> A user may be banned from Forums for using abusive language in posts,
> display names, using an abusive avatar, or spamming, among other
> undesirable activities. Each case is considered carefully and a user is
> generally banned only if there is no other recourse, or the abusive
> action is repeated and blatant.
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/help#197
>
> Huh. Well, I'm not sure how any of that applies...

C'mon Karl...

You're not anything if not blatant!

<g>
LFS

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Larry Serflaten explained :
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote
>
>> Why would a user be banned from the Forums?
>> A user may be banned from Forums for using abusive language in posts,
>> display names, using an abusive avatar, or spamming, among other
>> undesirable activities. Each case is considered carefully and a user is
>> generally banned only if there is no other recourse, or the abusive
>> action is repeated and blatant.
>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/help#197
>>
>> Huh. Well, I'm not sure how any of that applies...
>

> C'mon Karl...
>
> You're not anything if not blatant!
>
> <g>
> LFS

I just wanted another dingleball... <sniff>

From: Ulrich Korndoerfer on
Hi Karl,

Karl E. Peterson schrieb:

> Oh, and guess what? There *are* highly active French and Spanish VB6
> forums on that server! It's just the English speaking customers they're
> telling to GO POUND SAND!
>
> Here's a VB6 forum in French:
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/fr-FR/vb6fr/threads
>
> Here's a VB5/6 forum in Spanish:
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/es-ES/vb56es/threads

Glad to see you found those. I used the existence of those to plea for a
VB6 german forum. We have it now, although under the misleading title

"Visual Basic 6.0 - Interoperabilit�t und Upgrade"

named after the english forum

"Visual Basic Interop and Upgrade"

However the chartas differ:

"Diskutieren Sie hier Visual Basic 6.0 (VB6)-Themen oder besprechen Sie,
wie Sie Ihre Anwendung von VB6 zu VB.NET migrieren k�nnen."

roughly translated to

"Discuss Visual Basic 6.0 (VB6)-themes or discuss how to migrate your
application from VB6 to VB.NET".

In opposite the english forum charta:

"Discuss how to do upgrades of VB6 code to VB.NET. Covers questions on
interop features, Interop Forms Toolkit, Upgrade wizard, but NOT for
questions about VB6."

See the difference?

Ongoing efforts try to switch at least forum naming.

German VB6 forum link:

<http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/de-DE/vbklassikde/threads>

Note the vbklassikde part :-)

--