From: David Kaye on
MM <kylix_is(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>That's a matter of opinion. You cannot prevent people from seeing past
>65535 because YOU don't think they ought to!

I suggest you get some training in interface design, and marketing wouldn't
hurt, either. There's the geek way and then there's the way the rest of the
world sees software. The good software is the kind ordinary people can relate
to. A grid with >65535 rows is simply not good software design.

My software has been in use at Charles Schwab, Wells Fargo Bank, Bank of
America, and in human organ transplant centers worldwide. The reason I've had
some success with my software is because I write not for geeks but for
ordinary users.

From: MM on
On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 02:26:18 GMT, sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com (David Kaye)
wrote:

> The good software is the kind ordinary people can relate
>to.

The good software is the kind that doesn't have a bug that prevents
rows past 65,535 from being viewed.

MM
From: MM on
On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 09:03:46 +0100, Dee Earley
<dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk> wrote:

>On 18/06/2010 06:15, MM wrote:
>> On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 02:26:18 GMT, sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com (David Kaye)
>> wrote:
>>
>>> The good software is the kind ordinary people can relate
>>> to.
>>
>> The good software is the kind that doesn't have a bug that prevents
>> rows past 65,535 from being viewed.
>
>No, that's just (at least one) bug less software.
>Doesn't necessarily make it good.

But don't you strive for bug-free software, first and foremost?
Whether users want to see past 65,535 is surely *their* business, not
the business of some net nanny who celebrates a bug as the reason why
they shouldn't?

MM
From: MM on
On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 22:22:17 -0700, Mike S <mscir(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>On 6/17/2010 10:15 PM, MM wrote:
>> On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 02:26:18 GMT, sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com (David Kaye)
>> wrote:
>>
>>> The good software is the kind ordinary people can relate
>>> to.
>>
>> The good software is the kind that doesn't have a bug that prevents
>> rows past 65,535 from being viewed.
>>
>> MM
>
><joke>
>Are the viewers human, I mean, do they by any chance have compound eyes?
> From Wikipedia, "A compound eye may consist of thousands of individual
>photoreceptor units." And from tr1.harunyahya.com, "A fly has compound
>eyes on both sides of its head, each of which is divided into 4,000
>sections..."
></joke>

Sorry, I didn't get it. Can you explain?

MM
From: Mike Williams on
"Dee Earley" <dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk> wrote in message

> Just because my computer has 2GB of RAM, doesn't
> mean I should immediately cache 2GB of all the documents
> available in case the user happens to look at some of them..

Well you'd best tell that to your bussom buddies at Micro$oft because Vista
swallows up most of the first GB of RAM just to stay on its feet!

Mike