From: fjh on
Rod thanks for all your help.
Based on the situation i have to give up !
i'll look for a lower price Recovery fee ,and if i didn't find a
resonable one i'll freeze the drive,i got this idea from my beloved
8052.comforum to freeze the drive and try if it works if intrested go
here :
http://www.8052.com/forum/thread.phtml?thread=101261
and if it doesn't worked i'll try to open the HDD seal and look for a
DIY repairable damage hopefully in a clean room.

>She's dead, Jim. You into necrophilia ?
could you please elaborate this line to me, i didn't find any info on
"Jim. You into necrophilia ?" by searching on Google nor in Wikipedia ?

From: Rod Speed on
fjh <farshidjh(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Rod thanks for all your help.

No problem.

> Based on the situation i have to give up !

Yeah, I would in your situation.

> i'll look for a lower price Recovery fee ,

Yeah, I'd go that route myself in that situation.

> and if i didn't find a resonable one i'll freeze the drive,

Yeah, worth a try, make sure you put it in a plastic bag tho.

> i got this idea from my beloved 8052.comforum to
> freeze the drive and try if it works if intrested go here :
> http://www.8052.com/forum/thread.phtml?thread=101261

Yeah, I've suggested people try freezing quite a bit myself.

> and if it doesn't worked i'll try to open the HDD seal and look
> for a DIY repairable damage hopefully in a clean room.

>> She's dead, Jim. You into necrophilia ?

> could you please elaborate this line to me,

Its a joke. Look up the word necrophilia in the dictionary.
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=necrophilia

The "She's dead, Jim" comes from one of the movies, Star Trek
http://digitallyobsessed.com/showreview.php3?ID=633

> i didn't find any info on "Jim. You into necrophilia ?"
> by searching on Google nor in Wikipedia ?

That bit about necrophilia was mine |-)

From: Folkert Rienstra on
"Rod Speed" <rod_speed(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3pgahrFa6iimU1(a)individual.net
> fjh <farshidjh(a)gmail.com> wrote
>
> > Drive passes these tests :
>
> > Power Connection : Passed
> > Interface Cable Connection : Passed
> > Master/Slave Jumper : Passes
> > Bios Extension Support : Passed
>
> Those are all very low level tests.

Based on commands.

> > Partition Information : Failed
>
> And that may mean it can see anything from the drive data wise.
>
> > SMART Enable Function : Failed
>
> And that may mean the drive is pretty dead to the world

> commands wise.

So no.

> > Considering the log file below seems HDD thinks it has 79656
> > Cylinders! (it should be 16383 according to DataSheet),
>
> Its more complicated than that.

Yup, above your comprehension.

16383 is the maximum supported number for Cylinders
with a 16H/63S translation on the physical interface.

> > What is the Landing Zone which is defineable in the BIOS ?
>
> A relic of the past, its completely irrelevant now.
>
> > Drive Refuses to pass any other 3 tests by
> > stating "Contact the Maxtor" other tests are :
> > - Quick Test (90 sec.)
> > - Full Test
> > - Burn in test
>
> She's dead, Jim. You into necrophilia ?
>
> > Here is the Log File generated by 'PowerMax' Utility :
>
> > MAXTOR POWERMAX LOG FILE
> > -------------------------
> > Maxtor PowerMax 4.21
> > Date Tested: 09/22/2005
> > Serial Number:
> > Model Number: Maxtor N40P
>
> Those two aint good, it indicates that the
> drive cant get that data off the drive platter.
>
> > FirmWareRev: NAR61EAZ

> > Cylinders per Drive: 79656
> > Heads per Cylinder: 16
> > Max LBA: 80293332
>
> That claims its a 40G drive.

So does the 79656*16*63.

The 79656 is a purely cosmetic number for displaying purposes only,
(re)calculated from the 80293332 LBA number, divided by 16*63.
It doesn't exist anywhere else other than is apps that stupidly insist
on using CHS values beyond the 8GB CHS limit .

> > SPT: 63
>
> That is a fake/dummy value.

So are the 'Cylinders per Drive' and 'Heads per Cylinder' values,
clueless.

> > FE: S01
> > Installation Confirmation: FAILED
> > Diagnostic Code: 00001000

[snip]

From: Rod Speed on
Some fuckwith pseudokraut claiming to be
Folkert Rienstra <see_reply-to(a)myweb.nl>
wrote just the puerile attempt at
a troll thats all it can ever manage.

No wonder its completely unemployable.

From: fjh on
> Yeah, worth a try, make sure you put it in a > plastic bag tho.

Sure.

>That bit about necrophilia was mine |-)

So it's CopyRighted ;-)