From: Peter Able on
>> # 1. get VHS tape to DVD via a VCR/DVR combo device in the living room
(VHS
>> tapes are getting pretty old so want to save it.)
>> # 2. Get media off my PC to play on DVD in the living room.

If you only want to copy A/V data from ageing VHS tapes to DVD, work with
your VHS/DVD machine, Bobb.

If you want to convert A/V files on your PC to something that could be
distributed then played on any domestic DVD player:, you'll have to get into
format conversion and "authoring".

Anything much more than that in the way of presentation, quality and/or
enhancement, you'll need to follow Jeff's and my solutions.

PA