From: GMAN on
In article <7umh0tF81tU1(a)mid.individual.net>, Benjamin Gawert <bgawert(a)gmx.de> wrote:
>Am 24.02.2010 20:43, * Boris Badenov:
>
>> Yea, but there are adapters available so he can still do it. In my
>> wants SVGA though
>
>No, he wants *SVHS* not SVGA.
>
>Benjamin
IT NOT SVHS either damnit, it called S-Video or Y/C

From: William on

"GMAN" <Winniethepooh(a)100acrewoods.org> wrote in message
> In article <7umh0tF81tU1(a)mid.individual.net>, Benjamin Gawert
> <bgawert(a)gmx.de> wrote:
>>Am 24.02.2010 20:43, * Boris Badenov:
>>
>>> Yea, but there are adapters available so he can still do it. In my
>>> wants SVGA though
>>
>>No, he wants *SVHS* not SVGA.
>>
>>Benjamin
> IT NOT SVHS either damnit, it called S-Video or Y/C

GMAN: I feel your pain. I tried to get through to them, but they are not
grocking what is going on.

YPbBr used for VGA, - the Y is good for luminance, but the PbBr would have
to be modulated by a 3.58 mhz color encoder to get the necessary C channel
for S-Video. That would take an active break out box to get that done.
Much money. You could purchase a second video card with S-Video on it
cheaper than going the multiple adapter route being tossed around.

There are specifically manufactured gen-lock video overlay character
generator boards made for this type of work in Industrial Video Production
that can be had reasonably priced that would do this. Lots of other options
if you know where to look.

William

From: Benjamin Gawert on
Am 25.02.2010 16:17, * Boris Badenov:

>> No, he wants *SVHS* not SVGA.
>
> Typo, sorry. I know what he wants.

BTW: it is "SVGA", it is "VGA". "SVGA" (like "VGA", too) is a VESA
resolution standard (800x600), not a signal or a connector. In fact, you
can send a SVGA signal over HDMI with no problems. The connector is a
VGA connector (D-Sub HD15) and the signal itself is analogue RGB with
separate sync.

If this GMAN had a clue he probably would have complained about that,
too. But of course we probably all know what you mean with "SVGA".

Benjamin
From: Benjamin Gawert on
Am 25.02.2010 19:39, * GMAN:

> IT NOT SVHS either damnit, it called S-Video or Y/C

Really? Wow, you're my hero now.

FYI: Y/C (analoge separate luminance/croma) is the *signal*, the term
"SVHS" usually means the connector (4pin HOSIDEN or SCART) carrying an
Y/C signal. And in the outside world where people have friends and a
life (both things you probably know nothing about) they generally use
the term "SVHS" for everything Y/C-related because the first widely use
of Y/C was with the SVHS standard.

If you try to make yourself smarter than you are then at least get the
facts right. So far you just made look yourself like a dumbfuck, but
probably just because you are one.

Benjamin
From: GMAN on
In article <7us8osFva1U1(a)mid.individual.net>, Benjamin Gawert <bgawert(a)gmx.de> wrote:
>Am 25.02.2010 19:39, * GMAN:
>
>>> No, he wants *SVHS* not SVGA.
>>>
>>> Benjamin
>> IT NOT SVHS either damnit, it called S-Video or Y/C
>
>Really? Wow, you're my hero now.
>
>FYI: Y/C (analoge separate luminance/croma) is the *signal*, "SVHS"
>usually means the connector (4pin HOSIDEN) which transfers an Y/C signal.

That is very incorrect!!! There is no such thing as a SVHS connector.

>And if we are at it: it is NOT SVGA for gods sake, it is VGA. SVGA is a
>VESA resolution standard (800x600), not a signal or a connector. In
>fact, you can send a SVGA signal over HDMI with no problems. The
>connector is a VGA connector (D-Sub HD15) and the signal itself is
>analogue RGB with separate sync.
>
>If you try to make yourself smarter than you are then at least get the
>facts right.

Pot Kettle Black.

Show us where there is a legitimate connector standard called SVHS

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: ATI and Physx?
Next: ATI AIW X1900 Record Problem, Help!