From: Thomas Andersson on
Are there any newer ATI cards that has tv-out? (svhs). Looking at 5770 which
seems to be the best I can afford and they all seems to have display port
(whatever that does) and none have the classic svhs/hdtv out connector.

From: Boris Badenov on
Thomas Andersson wrote:
> Are there any newer ATI cards that has tv-out? (svhs). Looking at 5770 which
> seems to be the best I can afford and they all seems to have display port
> (whatever that does) and none have the classic svhs/hdtv out connector.

My Sapphire 5870 has DVI, HDMI and Display Port and it came with an
adapter for HDMI to component.
From: Boris Badenov on
Benjamin Gawert wrote:

> Analoge TV out (CVBS, Y/C) is dead, and very few new cards actually
> still come with analoge TV out.

Yea, but there are adapters available so he can still do it. In my
wants SVGA though, simple fix is attach component to SVGA adapter to the
HDMI to component adapter. I know you can get those because I have one
collecting dust in my adapter box.
From: William on

"Boris Badenov" <boris(a)plotsylvanian.invalid> wrote in message
> Benjamin Gawert wrote:
>
>> Analoge TV out (CVBS, Y/C) is dead, and very few new cards actually still
>> come with analoge TV out.
>
> Yea, but there are adapters available so he can still do it. In my
> SVGA though, simple fix is attach component to SVGA adapter to the HDMI to
> component adapter. I know you can get those because I have one collecting
> dust in my adapter box.

Boris: Open that box up again and take a look at that adapter. It most
likely is a DVI to VGA adapter. This is possible because ATI supplies YPbBr
signals to the DVI connector, which allows the adapter to offer the YPbBr
signals to the VGA adaptor for older monitors.

Something else to consider: ** It is not legal to make or sell HDCP capable
DVI to analog (VGA - Component) converters** . To convert HDMI to component
would break federal laws for HDCP compliant equipment. Ever herd of copy
protection - secure digital connection. I searched NewEgg - they don't have
such a thing. I searched Google, they show some break out cables, but they
say they only work on ATI video boards, which have the YPbBr signals
available.

Look into it.

William

From: Barry Watzman on

Re: "It is not legal to make or sell HDCP capable DVI to analog (VGA -
Component) converters**"

I don't think that's absolutely true. It depends on the format and
resolution of the output of the conversion. If the output is "SD"
(standard definition) then it is legal. If it's "HD" it's not legal.
I'm not sure where or if these terms are defined precisely. But analog
VGA 640x480 is definitely not considered HD.

William wrote:

> "Boris Badenov" <boris(a)plotsylvanian.invalid> wrote in message
>> Benjamin Gawert wrote:
>>
>>> Analoge TV out (CVBS, Y/C) is dead, and very few new cards actually
>>> still come with analoge TV out.
>>
>> Yea, but there are adapters available so he can still do it. In my
>> wants SVGA though, simple fix is attach component to SVGA adapter to
>> the HDMI to component adapter. I know you can get those because I have
>> one collecting dust in my adapter box.
>
> Boris: Open that box up again and take a look at that adapter. It most
> likely is a DVI to VGA adapter. This is possible because ATI supplies
> YPbBr signals to the DVI connector, which allows the adapter to offer
> the YPbBr signals to the VGA adaptor for older monitors.
>
> Something else to consider: ** It is not legal to make or sell HDCP
> capable DVI to analog (VGA - Component) converters** . To convert HDMI
> to component would break federal laws for HDCP compliant equipment.
> Ever herd of copy protection - secure digital connection. I searched
> NewEgg - they don't have such a thing. I searched Google, they show
> some break out cables, but they say they only work on ATI video boards,
> which have the YPbBr signals available.
>
> Look into it.
>
> William
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: ATI and Physx?
Next: ATI AIW X1900 Record Problem, Help!