From: Robert Coe on
On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 10:24:54 -0700, John Navas <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com>
wrote:
: See also "Man Arrested by Amtrak Police for Taking Photographs for
: Amtrak Photography Contest" (Schneier on Security)
: <http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2009/02/man_arrested_by.html>

So whar's the tentative conclusion from all this? That the whole incident was
a fake from the beginning?

Bob
From: Paul Furman on
Bruce wrote:
> In [the linked] video, you see that Carlos Miller (of Photography Is
> Not A Crime) and photojournalist Stretch Ledford were stopped while
> taking photos at Douglas Road Metro Station in Miami � before they
> even got into the station and while they were still in the parking
> lot.
>
> The full article makes some very good points about training of police
> and security personnel and links to the video referred to:
>
> http://www.photographybay.com/2010/07/02/photographers-banned-for-life-for-taking-photos-in-public-parking-lot/?awt_l=EaOwg&awt_m=1ZUPlJfk0P62xu

I got that 'show me your ID' treatment taking these photos in a leased
govt. office parking lot (private building & security):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/edgehill/4133027826/
I gave them ID & went to the office but complained about it like in the
video that I hadn't done anything wrong & they didn't need my ID. I'd
leave if it's private property but there were no signs. Security guy
said maybe I was planning to come back & steal them :-| The guy at the
office waved me on.

Another time I was asked to leave, while prowling around a hospital in
the woods taking photos of the crazy vents & ducts on the back side of
the building <g> I did look pretty suspicious off trail looking for a
better angle:
http://edgehill.net/California/Bay-Area/San-Francisco/neighborhoods/1-13-05-evening/pg1pc2
-didn't get the shots I wanted... but nobody ever took my 'film'.