From: Paul Heslop on
Bruce wrote:

> Those of you who read Rich Anderson's postings may be forgiven for
> thinking that the UK is the only country in the world where police and
> security personnel restrict the freedom of photographers.

to give you an idea of how it is abused here in the UK a guy was on a
train and was so disgusted at the massive overcrowding which led to
cases etc being left in the aisle and other concerns, which he saw as
a breach of safety regulations. he decided that he would photograph
the stuff so he would have proof of conditions and, yes, you guessed
it, was continually warned that what he was doing was illegal due to
anti terrorist legislation.

--
Paul (we break easy)
Stop and Look
From: bugbear on
Paul Heslop wrote:

(pssst - the geocities site in your sig doesn't exist - obviously)

BugBear
From: Paul Heslop on
bugbear wrote:

> Paul Heslop wrote:
>
> (pssst - the geocities site in your sig doesn't exist - obviously)
>
> BugBear

:O) thanks, I am aware, but I suffer from OCD and the damn thing
won't let me delete the link for now.

From: John Navas on
On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 09:48:42 +0100, in
<svnd36h55qih6s57orbuja2ev4bl0lpfor(a)4ax.com>, Bruce
<docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Those of you who read Rich Anderson's postings may be forgiven for
>thinking that the UK is the only country in the world where police and
>security personnel restrict the freedom of photographers.
>
>Here's a quote from an article on the "Photography Bay" web site about
>an incident in Miami, Florida. It tells a similar story about the USA:
>[SNIP]

The issue was explored very recently on NPR with Carlos Miller. Local
laws vary considerably from place to place, and police are often
misinformed about local laws. See <http://carlosmiller.com/>.

--
John

"There are three kinds of men.
The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation.
The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."
-Will Rogers
From: John Navas on
See also "Man Arrested by Amtrak Police for Taking Photographs for
Amtrak Photography Contest" (Schneier on Security)
<http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2009/02/man_arrested_by.html>