From: MEB on
On 12/18/2009 06:00 PM, Sunny wrote:
> "MEB" <MEB-not-here(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On 12/18/2009 09:33 AM, John John - MVP wrote:
>>>
>>> Do you seriously think that what you say would pass a constitutional
>>> challenge of the First Amendment of the United States Constitution?
>>> Are
>>> people forbidden to ever speak or write a copywritten name in your
>>> country? You just plain and simply do not understand what Usenet is
>>> and
>>> how it works, if we are to believe you any corporation in your country
>>> could forbid the use of its name in newsgroups, that isn't so, the
>>> First
>>> Amendment will not allow any one to muzzle free speech to that extent.
>>> Just do a search on any public Usenet server for names like GM, Ford,
>>> IBM, Apple and so on and you will see that these names also show up in
>>> newsgroup names. The hierarchy is just the way the *discussion* groups
>>> are organized, next you are going to try to tell us that Microsoft
>>> could
>>> close any discussion group that contains the name Microsoft or Windows.
>>> For all it matters anyway the 500 or so groups that were removed from
>>> Microsoft servers were all but completely deserted, no one or hardly
>>> anyone but stupid spammers ever posted to any of these groups so it is
>>> no big loss.
>>
>> Yes it would, and that comes from a constitutionally trained and
>> educated party. The First Amendment has ZERO to do with this particular
>> instance of the microsoft.public. hierarchy. This has ZERO impact on
>> anything related to FREE SPEECH as you or anyone CAN: DISCUSS Microsoft
>> or its products, create NON microsoft.public. groups, can do many other
>> things.
>>
>> The First Amendment is not a catch-all, nor is free speech. To apply
>> something must inflict harm upon the individual. The control of
>> microsoft.public. does none of that or anything related to it.
>>
>> So get some education on these matters, you sorely need it.
>
> Are you aware that many users don't even know that Microsoft news servers
> exist?
> They access "microsoft.public" groups that their ISP/NNTP news servers
> carry

Stupid argument, no basis in anything, much less what is required to occur.

>> "MEB" <MEB-not-here(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> HAHAHAHA, and WHO started the name calling you friggin worthless POS.
>
> You did.
>
> >And those were posted related to WHAT,,, you and your stupidity AND
>> name calling.. you have the intellect of a snail...
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion/msg/2b54f891eae67c87?dmode=source
>
> I rest my case

What case would that be Troll.

--
MEB
http://peoplescounsel.org/ref/windows-main.htm
From: Sunny on

> On 12/18/2009 06:00 PM, Sunny wrote:
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion/msg/2b54f891eae67c87?dmode=source
>>
>> I rest my case
>>

> What case would that be Troll.

English not your first language ?
Get one of your supporters to read your posting history to you.

From: MEB on
On 12/18/2009 08:18 PM, Sunny wrote:
> "MEB" <MEB-not-here(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On 12/18/2009 06:00 PM, Sunny wrote:
>>>
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion/msg/2b54f891eae67c87?dmode=source
>>>
>>> I rest my case
>>>

>> What case would that be Troll.
>
> English not your first language ?
> Get one of your supporters to read your posting history to you.

Don't need to, I have them saved for legal purposes...

Now what was it you wanted Troll?

From: Sunny on

> On 12/18/2009 08:18 PM, Sunny wrote:
>> "MEB" <MEB-not-here(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> What case would that be Troll.
>>
>> English not your first language ?
>> Get one of your supporters to read your posting history to you.
>>

> Don't need to, I have them saved for legal purposes...

Now, that is funny.
Still dirty that you lost a court case?

> Now what was it you wanted Troll?

Do you find it odd, that you are the only one voicing that opinion?

From: John John - MVP on
MEB wrote:
> On 12/18/2009 06:14 PM, Etal wrote:
>> MEB wrote:

>>> It can do what it wishes, YOU on the other hand, have ZERO right to use
>>> Microsoft's microsoft.public. hierarchy. Call it anything you want, but
>>> don't try to foster fraud by forging Microsoft's forums... which it
>>> holds legal right to.
>>>

>> It (corporations) can do as it wishes on their own servers yes. And i
>> guess we can agree that i have zero right to create or remove various
>> newsgroups on their NNTP-servers.
>>
>> However, if i setup my own NNTP server, i might create a group
>> 'microsoft.public.knitting'. If anyone wants to configure their
>> newsclient so it connects to my server to lurk or post to that group
>> they can do so - if i let them. I will have the ability to filter/censor
>> any posts not related to knitting, or if i so choose filter any post
>> that are. It wouldn't be running on 'msnews.microsoft.com', or somehow
>> pretending to, so how is that fostering fraud?
>>

> NO. Check the Law if it really interests you. Usenet is NOT above any
> Law nor are the parties that use it.

Maybe the 'Peoples' Counsel' should check the law himself, the US
Supreme Court has already ruled that the Internet and Usenet is
protected by the First Amendment. Is the 'Peoples' Counsel' not
familiar with the challenge from the Church of Scientology? Do you
remember what happened with that? Did they succeed in preventing the
use of their name in newsgroup names?

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Prev: Windows Media Player 10 for Windows 98
Next: USB TO PARALLEL