From: MEB on
On 12/19/2009 11:54 PM, MEB wrote:
> On 12/19/2009 11:34 PM, Jeff Richards wrote:
>> And we can confidently predict it will be as effective as you previous
>> effort.
>>
>> http://www.us-cert.gov/reading_room/before_you_plug_in.html
>> seems to be unchanged. How could that be?
>
> REALLY< are you going on official record with that...
>
> The documents at CERT are CUED for modification. AND AS I NOTED, that
> document DOES NOT REFLECT what you attempted to state. IT SAYS
> INITIALLY. The document, as I specifically NOTED in the relevant
> discussion, could ONLY be mis-interpreted by someone WITHOUT the ability
> to comprehend what it FULLY STATES.
> You need to brush up on your reading skills. AND you should read the
> rest of the recommended materials at the site. That is, unless you want
> to remain a fool.

And so the rest of the parties understand what Jeff SUPPOSEDLY made a
point of...
The referral was to a discussion wherein Jeff linked to the article and
posting in here as a purported *finite statement* to support HIS
position that firewalls are not required when behind a router. EVEN
THOUGH the document is FOR INITIAL SETUP *only*, and later recommends a
firewall, as do other documents on CERT, and AFTER I directed him to
these FACTS. Shows how bright this Jeff Richards character really is...

--
MEB
http://peoplescounsel.org/ref/windows-main.htm
From: MEB on
On 12/20/2009 12:30 AM, 98 Guy wrote:
> MEB wrote:
>
>>> You seem to think that just because Microsoft originally created
>>> these groups on it's own NNTP server, that such an event
>>> constitutes ownership of them regardless where they subsequently
>>> exist.
>>
>> And THAT *FACT* is the *ONLY* relevant matter. Microsoft created
>> the groups and OWNS THEM.
>
> Then why did they not object when those groups were created on other
> servers?

Not relevant.

> Why did they not object to the "sucking" of posts from their servers and
> injection into the other servers?

Not relevant.

> Why did they not broadcast group-delete and check-group messages to the
> rest of usenet when they remove some groups from their server?

Microsoft did.

> Why are you evading answering those questions?

They are and were answered, stupid.

> Microsoft's actions are not consistent with your assertion that their
> control of these groups extend to servers beyond their own.

Wrong, Microsoft's actions are consistent with ownership and control.

From: Sunny on

"MEB" <MEB-not-here(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
<snip>
> You need to brush up on your reading skills. AND you should read the
> rest of the recommended materials at the site. That is, unless you want
> to remain a fool.

How about you shove your egotistical advice where the sun don't shine.

From: Sunny on

> On 12/19/2009 11:59 PM, Sunny wrote:
>> Well I though Maurice was a tad strange, now I know he is. :-)
>>
>> "Whether Microsoft intends to *allow Usenet* to continue fostering the
>> fraudulent continuance of the newsgroups recently removed" <snip>
>>

> What part of *allow* do you not understand.

Your presumption that Microsoft could for one second *allow* or *deny*
USENET from doing anything.
Confirms the fact that you have no idea what Usenet is.
Usenet is not an identity that "fosters" anything.

It would be like trying to stop one grain of sand from touching another
grain of sand.
"Microsoft" is not that good..

From: 98 Guy on
MEB wrote:

> > Then why did they not object when those groups were created on
> > other servers?
>
> Not relevant.

They gave up any legal rights or protections to their property
(according to your theory) by not taking steps to protect it. For more
than 10 years.

> > Why did they not object to the "sucking" of posts from their
> > servers and injection into the other servers?
>
> Not relevant.

Same argument.

> > Why did they not broadcast group-delete and check-group messages
> > to the rest of usenet when they remove some groups from their
> > server?
>
> Microsoft did.

They did not. That is a lie on your part.

That's why Julien �LIE has taken it upon himself to do it. Do you know
who he is Meb?

> > Why are you evading answering those questions?
>
> They are and were answered, stupid.

You have not answered them before, and the answers you give now are
either incomplete or wrong.

Explain why Microsoft's inaction is not relevant.

> > Microsoft's actions are not consistent with your assertion
> > that their control of these groups extend to servers beyond
> > their own.
>
> Wrong, Microsoft's actions are consistent with ownership
> and control.

How is it consistent to allow your property to be used and duplicated by
others for more than a decade and NOT take action to stop that behavior?

You of all people should know that the first thing you do when your
property is used by others without consent or compensation is to take
immediate legal action to stop the activity, lest your INACTION be seen
and taken as tacit approval.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Prev: Windows Media Player 10 for Windows 98
Next: USB TO PARALLEL