From: MEB on
On 12/19/2009 12:41 PM, John John - MVP wrote:
> MEB wrote:

>>> It (corporations) can do as it wishes on their own servers yes. And i
>>> guess we can agree that i have zero right to create or remove various
>>> newsgroups on their NNTP-servers.
>>>
>>> However, if i setup my own NNTP server, i might create a group
>>> 'microsoft.public.knitting'. If anyone wants to configure their
>>> newsclient so it connects to my server to lurk or post to that group
>>> they can do so - if i let them. I will have the ability to filter/censor
>>> any posts not related to knitting, or if i so choose filter any post
>>> that are. It wouldn't be running on 'msnews.microsoft.com', or somehow
>>> pretending to, so how is that fostering fraud?
>>>

>> NO. Check the Law if it really interests you. Usenet is NOT above any
>> Law nor are the parties that use it.
>
> Maybe the 'Peoples' Counsel' should check the law himself, the US
> Supreme Court has already ruled that the Internet and Usenet is
> protected by the First Amendment. Is the 'Peoples' Counsel' not
> familiar with the challenge from the Church of Scientology? Do you
> remember what happened with that? Did they succeed in preventing the
> use of their name in newsgroup names?

HAHAHAHA, wrong argument.
The case [and there are others] you mention deals with SPECIFIC issues
to the individual NOT the theft or fraud associated with attempting to
falsely portray being Microsoft *IN ITS OWN NEWSGROUPS*.
Keep searching, direct your searches more towards property rights, and
rulings pursuant issues of theft, fraud, and the other that would and is
occurring by the false presentation of being Microsoft IN ITS OWN
NEWSGROUPS.

--
MEB
http://peoplescounsel.org/ref/windows-main.htm
From: John John - MVP on
MEB wrote:
> On 12/19/2009 12:41 PM, John John - MVP wrote:
>> MEB wrote:

>>> NO. Check the Law if it really interests you. Usenet is NOT above any
>>> Law nor are the parties that use it.
>> Maybe the 'Peoples' Counsel' should check the law himself, the US
>> Supreme Court has already ruled that the Internet and Usenet is
>> protected by the First Amendment. Is the 'Peoples' Counsel' not
>> familiar with the challenge from the Church of Scientology? Do you
>> remember what happened with that? Did they succeed in preventing the
>> use of their name in newsgroup names?
>>

> HAHAHAHA, wrong argument.
> The case [and there are others] you mention deals with SPECIFIC issues
> to the individual NOT the theft or fraud associated with attempting to
> falsely portray being Microsoft *IN ITS OWN NEWSGROUPS*.

You still don't get it because you still don't know how Usenet works.
Earlier you were saying that there was a "master distribution" and that
*all* posts had to pass by Microsoft servers. You just don't know how
it works and anyone who knows you knows very well that you can never
admit to being wrong, so you will just keep on arguing even when you are
proven wrong. Microsoft doesn't own anything on Usenet and it can't
tell other Usenet server operators how to organize their discussion
groups. Ignorance is bliss so you must indeed be a very happy man.

Bye!
From: MEB on
On 12/19/2009 12:56 PM, MEB wrote:
> On 12/19/2009 12:41 PM, John John - MVP wrote:
>> MEB wrote:

>>> NO. Check the Law if it really interests you. Usenet is NOT above any
>>> Law nor are the parties that use it.
>>
>> Maybe the 'Peoples' Counsel' should check the law himself, the US
>> Supreme Court has already ruled that the Internet and Usenet is
>> protected by the First Amendment. Is the 'Peoples' Counsel' not
>> familiar with the challenge from the Church of Scientology? Do you
>> remember what happened with that? Did they succeed in preventing the
>> use of their name in newsgroup names?
>>

> HAHAHAHA, wrong argument.
> The case [and there are others] you mention deals with SPECIFIC issues
> to the individual NOT the theft or fraud associated with attempting to
> falsely portray being Microsoft *IN ITS OWN NEWSGROUPS*.
> Keep searching, direct your searches more towards property rights, and
> rulings pursuant issues of theft, fraud, and the other that would and is
> occurring by the false presentation of being Microsoft IN ITS OWN
> NEWSGROUPS.

Oh, here is a copy of the questions posed to Microsoft earlier this
From: MEB on
On 12/19/2009 01:06 PM, John John - MVP wrote:
> MEB wrote:

>>> Maybe the 'Peoples' Counsel' should check the law himself, the US
>>> Supreme Court has already ruled that the Internet and Usenet is
>>> protected by the First Amendment. Is the 'Peoples' Counsel' not
>>> familiar with the challenge from the Church of Scientology? Do you
>>> remember what happened with that? Did they succeed in preventing the
>>> use of their name in newsgroup names?
>>>

>> HAHAHAHA, wrong argument.
>> The case [and there are others] you mention deals with SPECIFIC issues
>> to the individual NOT the theft or fraud associated with attempting to
>> falsely portray being Microsoft *IN ITS OWN NEWSGROUPS*.
>
> You still don't get it because you still don't know how Usenet works.
> Earlier you were saying that there was a "master distribution" and that
> *all* posts had to pass by Microsoft servers. You just don't know how
> it works and anyone who knows you knows very well that you can never
> admit to being wrong, so you will just keep on arguing even when you are
> proven wrong. Microsoft doesn't own anything on Usenet and it can't
> tell other Usenet server operators how to organize their discussion
> groups. Ignorance is bliss so you must indeed be a very happy man.
>
> Bye!

WRONG. The distinct intention is to defraud Microsoft and the world
into the false belief the newsgroup "microsoft.public.it.windows7" is,
in fact, from Microsoft. There IS NO support for this fraud.
As I previously stated, the individual HAS the right to create other
similar newsgroups, such as the alt.windows98 that this is being
CROSS-POSTED TO. NO ONE has the right to intentionally and falsely
portray being Microsoft.

From: 98 Guy on
Full-Quoter MEB wrote:

> here is a copy of the questions posed to Microsoft earlier this
> morning:
>
> To:
> CNTUS.GNCS.NA.00.EN.000.000.CS.CMR.CUS.00.WB(a)css.one.microsoft.com

Where the hell did you find that e-mail address?
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Prev: Windows Media Player 10 for Windows 98
Next: USB TO PARALLEL