From: Bill Buckels on
Dan Wallace has provided us with a manual for the tools that came with Mix C
CP/M 80 Compiler:

http://www.cpm8680.com/mix/mix-c21-cpm-tools.pdf

Dan provided me with the disks that I created the images from in the first
place then painstakingly transcribed the entire tools section of his manual
into a Word document which I converted to the pdf above.

Dan also has a header file on the Apple disk images and some extra goodies
are there as well as mentioned below.

I am going to put a web page for mix compilers up shortly. But in the
meantime give the manual a look see. I have included it in the zip along
with the permission from Dennis Saunders.

Thanks Dan for everything and getting me started on this,

Bill

x--- snip ---x

Mix C 2.1 CP/M 80 is available for download at the following link:

http://www.cpm8680.com/mix/mix-c21.zip

Unzip with directories intact.

1. This zip file contains 4- Apple II CP/M Disk Images created using
DSK2FILE on an Apple //e with a Softcard Clone. You can use DSK2FILE or
DISKMAKER.8 to recreate these on a real Apple //e.

Disks 1-3 contain the MIX Compiler Version 2.1
Disk 4 Contains the MIX Editor Version 1.1

Some extra utilities and a ramdisk and other goodies are also included on
the Apple disk images. Apple II CP/M 80 users who program in C will find
this quite well done.

2. This zip file also contains a myz80 disk image of the compiler. A hello
program is all that has been added besides the original compiler files.

Before running myz80 from the command line set the myz80 environment
C.DSK=MIX21.DSK

The point of the myz80 disk image is to use the compiler on a Windows
machine or in an MS-DOS emulator to quickly compile and test programs before
transferring them to a real CP/M machine.

3. The compiler is also included as individual files just as it is in the
zip file for the older version found elsewhere on the Internet. You can use
these to build your own disks for whatever CP/M 80 target you use.

If you have a c128 or use WinVice you can build disk images using ctools.

From: Andreas Gerlich on
Hello Bill Buckets,

Bill Buckels wrote:
> Dan Wallace has provided us with a manual for the tools that came with Mix C
> CP/M 80 Compiler:
>
> http://www.cpm8680.com/mix/mix-c21-cpm-tools.pdf

In this document there is a reference to the "Reference Manual".
Have you also this important dokument?
I can not use it without this manual!!!

Regards
Andreas
--
yaze-ag 'at' Dipl.-Ing.(FH) Andreas Gerlich, University of Ulm, Germany
z80 'dot' open source project "Yet Another Z80 Emulator by AG":
From: Bill Buckels on
"Andreas Gerlich" <ag(a)theseus.mathematik.uni-ulm.de> wrote in message
>In this document there is a reference to the "Reference Manual".
>Have you also this important dokument? I can not use it without this
>manual!!

Why? It is mostly library functions. Have you tried to use it?

And specifically what problems did you encounter.

I don't have it. It is 450 pages long and Dan doesn't have free access to a
photocopier. We talked about him copying it and me scanning it and creating
pdf's but he is halfway to the equator and I am halfway to the North Pole
and we live in different countries with expensive postage in between.

Also there is time involved. I would like to hear your detailed rationale as
to why you need this document specifically.

The scientist often does not need the references to find the paper useful,
the fisherman does not need a map of the lake to fish by the shore and the
child does not need all the games to use the gaming console.

Why then can't Andreas use this compiler?

I remember that you said the same thing about Aztec C....

From: Bill Buckels on
Official Opening - Mix CP/M Museum

http://www.cpm8680.com/mix/

From: Bill Buckels on
"Bill Buckels" <bbuckels(a)mts.net> wrote in message
>Official Opening - Mix CP/M Museum

http://www.cpm8680.com/mix/

Peter Dassow is acknowledged and his website is linked back to from my site.
Has Peter Dassow got links to my site? (Michael Haardt does.:)

These are good questions. I will be checking sites that I link to from my
domains for reciprocal links. I will also be putting reciprocal links in
place (I am behind right now on this). I have several domains, including for
Apple II, C64, and CP/M.

If you ask me to link to yours be prepared to link to mine:)

Bill