From: Bill Buckels on
Mix C 2.1 CP/M 80 is available for download at the following link:

http://www.cpm8680.com/mix/mix-c21.zip

Unzip with directories intact.

1. This zip file contains 4- Apple II CP/M Disk Images created using
DSK2FILE on an Apple //e with a Softcard Clone. You can use DSK2FILE or
DISKMAKER.8 to recreate these on a real Apple //e.

Disks 1-3 contain the MIX Compiler Version 2.1
Disk 4 Contains the MIX Editor Version 1.1

Some extra utilities and a ramdisk and other goodies are also included on
the Apple disk images. Apple II CP/M 80 users who program in C will find
this quite well done.

2. This zip file also contains a myz80 disk image of the compiler. A hello
program is all that has been added besides the original compiler files.

Before running myz80 from the command line set the myz80 environment
C.DSK=MIX21.DSK

The point of the myz80 disk image is to use the compiler on a Windows
machine or in an MS-DOS emulator to quickly compile and test programs before
transferring them to a real CP/M machine.

3. The compiler is also included as individual files just as it is in the
zip file for the older version found elsewhere on the Internet. You can use
these to build your own disks for whatever CP/M 80 target you use.

If you have a c128 or use WinVice you can build disk images using ctools.

From: Bill Buckels on
You have our permission to make the CP/M version of the compiler available
to whoever wants to use it.

Sincerely,

Dennis Saunders
http://www.mixsoftware.com

From: Peter Dassow on
Bill Buckels wrote:
> [...]
That's a great news, this is the second time a good CP/M C Compiler is
released for free (first time was BDS-C).

Regards
Peter
From: lyricalnanoha on

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008, Peter Dassow wrote:

> Bill Buckels wrote:
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: Dennis Saunders

What about Hitech C? Last I checked at least, the CP/M-80 version was
free to download and use...

-uso.
From: Bill Buckels on
"lyricalnanoha" <lyricalnanoha(a)usotsuki.hoshinet.org> wrote in message
>What about Hitech C? Last I checked at least, the CP/M-80 version was free
>to download and use...

So is Aztec C. Harry Suckow gave me the permission before he dropped back
into silence last summer.

But Leor Zolman wrote BDS C at 20 and is still active at 50 (I'm 56 and I
wish I looked that young at 50) and so is Dennis Saunders active so there is
some comparison, but Zolman's BDS (Brain Damage Software) is open source and
public domain so that will never be beat...

http://www.bdsoft.com/resources/bdsc.html

Still, Saunders is one of the great ones. Herb Shildt wrote about hime in 2
of his books, one being "Born to code in C".

Bill