From: Me on
On 11/07/2010 4:11 p.m., LOL! wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 15:53:37 +1200, Me<user(a)domain.invalid> wrote:

>>> 10-bit displays, 14-bit camera sensors, 16-32-bit editors ....
>>>
>>> And still I have yet to see even ONE of you put any of it to worthwhile
>>> use. Color bit-depth is never going to automatically bestow any of you with
>>> photographic skill and talent, no matter how much you think it might help.
>>> Just what the world needs is a 32-bit depth image displayed on a 10-bit
>>> depth monitor of yet another blurry and crappy image of your flea-bag of a
>>> cat.
>>>
>> I don't have a cat, just a troll-killing mountain dog:
>> http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/static.panoramio.com/photos/original/20221633.jpg
>
> Damn, I should have said "yet another blurry and crappy image of your
> flea-bag of a cat or dog." You definitely got the blurry part down pat.
> Enjoying that shallow DOF are you?

Oh - forgot to say this was taken with a P&S. Shutter speed was way too
slow to freeze motion blur. The old flea bag gets twitchy when she
smells a troll.
From: LOL! on
On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 16:32:06 +1200, Me <user(a)domain.invalid> wrote:

>On 11/07/2010 4:11 p.m., LOL! wrote:

>>> I don't have a cat, just a troll-killing mountain dog:
>>> http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/static.panoramio.com/photos/original/20221633.jpg
>>
>> Damn, I should have said "yet another blurry and crappy image of your
>> flea-bag of a cat or dog." You definitely got the blurry part down pat.
>> Enjoying that shallow DOF are you?
>>
>Oh - forgot to say this was taken with a P&S. Shutter speed was way too
>slow to freeze motion blur. The old flea bag gets twitchy when she
>smells a troll.

In the mountains we call dogs that size, "Bear & Puma Snacks", and in the
Everglades they are the favored size for "Gator Snacks". It was always so
funny when some little yappy flea-bag mutt like that would start barking at
the edge of a canal. Then moments later you hear its distraught owner
yelling, "Oh NO! My Mr. Bonzo! HELP HELP! THAT GATOR IS SWALLOWING MY POOR
LITTLE DOGGY, WHOLE!"

I always wonder if they ever learn anything from it.

LOL!

Darwinism in action, I can never get enough of it.

LOL!

From: LOL! on
On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 16:32:06 +1200, Me <user(a)domain.invalid> wrote:

>Oh - forgot to say this was taken with a P&S. Shutter speed was way too
>slow to freeze motion blur.

Oh, I forgot to say, this was also shot with a superzoom compact camera
during sunset.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4081/4782164878_56285b02f4_b.jpg

You're pretty lousy at knowing how to use any camera, aren't you. Thanks
for proving that to the whole world.

LOL!

From: Me on
On 11/07/2010 4:43 p.m., LOL! wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 16:32:06 +1200, Me<user(a)domain.invalid> wrote:

>>> Damn, I should have said "yet another blurry and crappy image of your
>>> flea-bag of a cat or dog." You definitely got the blurry part down pat.
>>> Enjoying that shallow DOF are you?
>>>
>> Oh - forgot to say this was taken with a P&S. Shutter speed was way too
>> slow to freeze motion blur. The old flea bag gets twitchy when she
>> smells a troll.
>
> In the mountains we call dogs that size, "Bear& Puma Snacks", and in the
> Everglades they are the favored size for "Gator Snacks".

These mutts were bred as ratters - very effective at it they are too,
also good at catching rabbits, and despite their small size, hunting
wild boars (easily trained to grab them by the balls and hold them while
you stick them). You make the common mistake of confusing all small dogs
with generally useless lap dogs.
From: Me on
On 11/07/2010 5:03 p.m., LOL! wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 16:32:06 +1200, Me<user(a)domain.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Oh - forgot to say this was taken with a P&S. Shutter speed was way too
>> slow to freeze motion blur.
>
> Oh, I forgot to say, this was also shot with a superzoom compact camera
> during sunset.
>
> http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4081/4782164878_56285b02f4_b.jpg
>
> You're pretty lousy at knowing how to use any camera, aren't you. Thanks
> for proving that to the whole world.

You got lucky.
I posed my dog for the shot, sitting still, then pressed the shutter
button. By the time the shutter went off, she'd stood up and had
started wagging her tail.
I suppose with your bird shot, it was much the same...