From: LOL! on
On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 12:15:08 +0100, "R. Mark Clayton"
<nospamclayton(a)btinternet.com> wrote:

>"RichA" <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/accessories/10bit.shtml
>>

>More colours than the human eye can discern?
>
>Why pay for that?

What? You don't know? BECAUSE .... if they have the latest and greatest,
that which even goes beyond the levels of human perception, this will
automatically make them into a PRO! Absolutely no different in how they
select their cameras or image editing software.

You know, like those audiophiles that insist on having a speaker or
headphone system that can duplicate ultra-sonic and sub-sonic frequencies.
They will never hear those frequencies, but damned if they won't claim they
make a difference to their listening experience.

Isn't technology wonderful? It can so easily expose the true fool.

LOL!

From: Bruce on
On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 12:15:08 +0100, "R. Mark Clayton"
<nospamclayton(a)btinternet.com> wrote:
>"RichA" <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/accessories/10bit.shtml
>>

>More colours than the human eye can discern?
>
>Why pay for that?

The article is typical of the nonsense that regularly appears on the
"Ludicrous Landscape" site.

Best ignored.

From: Mxsmanic on
RichA writes:

> http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/accessories/10bit.shtml

I have to wonder why such a bizarre aspect ratio was implemented for this
monitor. Is it just for editing movies in Panavision, or what?
From: Bruce on
On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 19:40:55 +0200, Mxsmanic <mxsmanic(a)gmail.com>
wrote:
>RichA writes:
>> http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/accessories/10bit.shtml
>I have to wonder why such a bizarre aspect ratio was implemented for this
>monitor. Is it just for editing movies in Panavision, or what?

1920 x 1200 is quite popular in large monitors - 22 inch and larger.

Personally, I would prefer a 16:9 aspect ratio as you can see a full
3:2 frame with toolboxes to one side or the other. But 1920 x 1200 is
not too bad.

From: Doug McDonald on
On 7/11/2010 12:40 PM, Mxsmanic wrote:
> RichA writes:
>
>> http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/accessories/10bit.shtml
>
> I have to wonder why such a bizarre aspect ratio was implemented for this
> monitor. Is it just for editing movies in Panavision, or what?

Did that idiot simply tru using the monitor on a normal
computer, not a Mac?

Doug McDonald