From: Colin Trunt on

"Jeff Strickland" <crwlrjeff(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Colin Trunt" <colin(a)trunt.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "baron" <baron.nospam(a)linuxmaniac.nospam.net> wrote in message
>>> Colin Trunt Inscribed thus:

>>> Glad to hear you found the problem & fixed it. :-)
>>

>> Yes I was pretty pleased because I had written the thing off but I just
>> thought I would
>> give it one more try because I could not believe anything inside the
>> mouse had magically failed,
>> especaiilly so when I found it needs no driver so it could not be
>> software either.
>>
>> I have gotten used to the dynamics of the mouse again too now, so all is
>> well!
>>

> You should be able to find the Mouse Control Panel and adjust the
> programmable behavior of the mouse.
>
> You can wash the mouse's feet if it is sticking to the mouse pad. You're
> allowed to wash the pad too because it builds up with oil from potato
> chips and french fries, and this slows the mouse considerably.

I have already got it set to max speed, I will try washing the pads.
I just use the back of a large hardback book as a pad as a mouse pad,
I have never bothered with a proper one, the good thing about the laser mice
is they work on most flat surface.

It's not a problem really once you get used to it, it seem fine now, the
problem
is when you switch mice and movement which would move the
pointer 1 inch moves it 3 inches, or vice versa. However once your brain
adjusts
to it, it is not a problem, the mouse does just what you want it to do
pretty
much subconsiously.

From: Colin Trunt on

> Sometimes the pointer disappears and the only way to get it back is
> to reinsert it into the USB socket.
> I think the cable near the mouse may have a break in it
> intermittant which might cause the problem, does that sound
> reasonable?
>
> Using another mouse now as it happens often.
>
> Guess I will try and open it up to have a look.
> Is it just two wires?

Just an update on the situation, I fixed the mouse, but I was in town today,
and I say a wireless similer to what I was looking for like this one
(same company)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRUST-WIRELESS-USB-OPTICAL-5-BUTTON-SCROLL-MOUSE-MI7570_W0QQitemZ260578640787QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_ComputerComponents_KeyboardsMice?hash=item3cabb28393
I got it for �9 and I am very happy with it, it is basically the same as my
old one but
wireless, it works fine.

Actually it better because it is faster, I have to more the mouse pointer
speed down
from the max it was on to a mid setting, so I have leeway for faster or
slower, as opposed to
before where it was up to the max and still a bit sluggish IMO.