From: Colin Trunt on
Sometimes the pointer disappears and the only way to get it back is
to reinsert it into the USB socket.
I think the cable near the mouse may have a break in it
intermittant which might cause the problem, does that sound
reasonable?

Using another mouse now as it happens often.

Guess I will try and open it up to have a look.
Is it just two wires?

From: Jeff Strickland on

"Colin Trunt" <colin(a)trunt.com> wrote in message
> Sometimes the pointer disappears and the only way to get it back is
> to reinsert it into the USB socket.
> I think the cable near the mouse may have a break in it
> intermittant which might cause the problem, does that sound
> reasonable?
>
> Using another mouse now as it happens often.
>
> Guess I will try and open it up to have a look.
> Is it just two wires?

Why does it matter? For the value of your time that it takes you to figure
it out you could go to WalMart and buy a better one. Nobody in the free
world should be using a wired mouse or wired keyboard anymore. Get with the
'90s!

From: Colin Trunt on

"Jeff Strickland" <crwlrjeff(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Colin Trunt" <colin(a)trunt.com> wrote in message
>> Sometimes the pointer disappears and the only way to get it back is
>> to reinsert it into the USB socket.
>> I think the cable near the mouse may have a break in it
>> intermittant which might cause the problem, does that sound
>> reasonable?
>>
>> Using another mouse now as it happens often.
>>
>> Guess I will try and open it up to have a look.
>> Is it just two wires?
>>

> Why does it matter? For the value of your time that it takes you to figure
> it out you could go to WalMart and buy a better one. Nobody in the free
> world should be using a wired mouse or wired keyboard anymore. Get with
> the '90s!

Maybe so I just don't like paying more then I need or waste.
Like to have a go at fixing it.

Also I imagine it is very very easy to lose a wireless mouse!!

+ how loneg do batteries last?

From: Colin Trunt on

> "Jeff Strickland" <crwlrjeff(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Colin Trunt" <colin(a)trunt.com> wrote in message
>>> Sometimes the pointer disappears and the only way to get it back is
>>> to reinsert it into the USB socket.
>>> I think the cable near the mouse may have a break in it
>>> intermittant which might cause the problem, does that sound
>>> reasonable?
>>>
>>> Using another mouse now as it happens often.
>>>
>>> Guess I will try and open it up to have a look.
>>> Is it just two wires?
>>>

>> Why does it matter? For the value of your time that it takes you to
>> figure it out you could go to WalMart and buy a better one. Nobody in the
>> free world should be using a wired mouse or wired keyboard anymore. Get
>> with the '90s!
>>

> Maybe so I just don't like paying more then I need or waste.
> Like to have a go at fixing it.
>
> Also I imagine it is very very easy to lose a wireless mouse!!
>
> + how loneg do batteries last?

Update, wel I took it apart and it you can see the outer covering
of the wires near the mouse is broken exposing the inner wires,
I managed to shirt that area inside the mouse.
I didn't think I would ever get the mouse back togeather such that
it worked (clicked) properly, it's a horrible design.
Anyway when I tried it again I USB device nor recognised.
So I think I better start looking for a new one!!
It could be all the messing about broke the inner wires which might be
fixable
but I think I will give up because I really think I would be risking
damaging
my computer via the usb port.

So I will have to find the most suitable one on the net and then go to
the store to find it is out of stock :O)

From: Julie Bove on

"Colin Trunt" <colin(a)trunt.com> wrote in message

> "Jeff Strickland" <crwlrjeff(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Colin Trunt" <colin(a)trunt.com> wrote in message
>>> Sometimes the pointer disappears and the only way to get it back is
>>> to reinsert it into the USB socket.
>>> I think the cable near the mouse may have a break in it
>>> intermittant which might cause the problem, does that sound
>>> reasonable?
>>>
>>> Using another mouse now as it happens often.
>>>
>>> Guess I will try and open it up to have a look.
>>> Is it just two wires?
>>>

>> Why does it matter? For the value of your time that it takes you to
>> figure it out you could go to WalMart and buy a better one. Nobody in the
>> free world should be using a wired mouse or wired keyboard anymore. Get
>> with the '90s!
>>

> Maybe so I just don't like paying more then I need or waste.
> Like to have a go at fixing it.
>
> Also I imagine it is very very easy to lose a wireless mouse!!
>
> + how loneg do batteries last?

I had a wireless mouse years ago. Hated the thing. Yes, I did lose it. A
lot. Worse yet, my husband was constantly sticking something in front of
the controller thingie with the antennae on it.

I can't remember how long the batteries lasted. Maybe less than a year?