From: JM on

Bill Cohagan wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion; however doesn't a File Copy just do a bit by bit
> copy -- which of course would include whatever problems exist in the current
> file?
>
> Bill

<snip>

No expert in this area but understand QW's Copy operation does do a bit
more. It cleans up the data base in that it removes un-linked data
entries - e.g., when you 'Delete' a transaction, the data remains
[un-linked] in the database. This 'deleted' info is removed in the copy
operation. I usually note a reduction in file size following a copy
operation which seems to confirm this..

Not sure it will do you any good for your situation - but can't hurt to
try.

From: Han on
"Bill Cohagan" <bill(a)teraXNOSPAMXquest.com> wrote in news:45a23a48$0$27017
$4c368faf(a)roadrunner.com:

> Han
> Yes, I've done a validate, but it doesn't help.
>
> Bill

Have you done super validate (I forget, either hold down shift or control
when hitting validate - WARNING: this may be dangerous to your data).

--
Best regards
Han
From: Andrew on
Han wrote:
> "Bill Cohagan" <bill(a)teraXNOSPAMXquest.com> wrote in
> news:45a23a48$0$27017 $4c368faf(a)roadrunner.com:
>
>> Han
>> Yes, I've done a validate, but it doesn't help.
>>
>> Bill
>>

> Have you done super validate (I forget, either hold down shift or
> control when hitting validate - WARNING: this may be dangerous to
> your data).

Neither Han! - it's both! (hold down both CTRL and SHIFT). See
http://web.intuit.com/support/quicken/2000/win/6148.html

Regards -

- Andrew

From: Bill Cohagan on
Thanks for pointing out the super validate. I'll give that a try (after
backing up the QDF!)

Bill

From: Bill Cohagan on
Thanks to all for the suggestions. I've now done a super validate and a
copy, but the problems remain. :-(

Bill

"Andrew" <andrew(a)jkl.com> wrote in message
> Han wrote:
>> "Bill Cohagan" <bill(a)teraXNOSPAMXquest.com> wrote in
>> news:45a23a48$0$27017 $4c368faf(a)roadrunner.com:
>>
>>> Han
>>> Yes, I've done a validate, but it doesn't help.
>>>
>>> Bill
>>>

>> Have you done super validate (I forget, either hold down shift or
>> control when hitting validate - WARNING: this may be dangerous to
>> your data).
>
> Neither Han! - it's both! (hold down both CTRL and SHIFT). See
> http://web.intuit.com/support/quicken/2000/win/6148.html

> Regards -
>
> - Andrew

First  |  Prev  |