From: Priam on
On 07/12/2010 10:18 AM, Tobias wrote:

> Thanks Priam
>
> I will try the solution of the gent suggesting altering the MTU value from
> 1500 to 1492, but this entry does not seem to appear in the registry of my
> XP machine

I believe it is possible to edit the registry. When I was using
Windows... that was 95, I used regedit from MS. I can't tell how things
work nowadays.

Might the change have occured after an update?

Don't forget trying Linux is easy. Download Fedora, Ubuntu or Mint, burn
the image -- that's not equivalent to copying the file -- on a CD and
then you can see if the printer works with Linux.
From: MD34 on
On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 15:44:54 -0400, Priam <priam(a)notsosure.com> wrote:

>On 07/12/2010 10:18 AM, Tobias wrote:
>
>> Thanks Priam
>>
>> I will try the solution of the gent suggesting altering the MTU value from
>> 1500 to 1492, but this entry does not seem to appear in the registry of my
>> XP machine
>
>I believe it is possible to edit the registry. When I was using
>Windows... that was 95, I used regedit from MS. I can't tell how things
>work nowadays.
>
>Might the change have occured after an update?
>
>Don't forget trying Linux is easy. Download Fedora, Ubuntu or Mint, burn
>the image -- that's not equivalent to copying the file -- on a CD and
>then you can see if the printer works with Linux.
Should be in the router, but that small change hardly seems worth it
From: Tim Okergit on
On 07/12/2010 10:18 AM, Tobias wrote:

> I'll give it a go anyway. Thanks for your discovery of a potential solution
> that I missed.
>
> Tobias

It seems that we'll never get to know if the proposed solution ever
worked...