From: GGBrowne on
On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 10:44:16 -0400, "Neil Harrington" <nobody(a)homehere.net>
wrote:

>"Larry Thong" <larry_thong(a)shitstring.com> wrote in message
>> It simply couldn't take the heat! I know it was hotter than Bin Laden at
>> a Bah Mitzvah out there today and I was sweating like a illegal alien
>> picking produce. At least the damn thing croaked before I did!
>>
>> <http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/croaked.jpg>
>
>Nice shot. Reminds me that it's been decades since I've had frog's-leg soup.
>Yum yum.

Soup? Normally they are lightly battered and fried. I don't think I've ever
heard of them being used for soup before. Turtle soup, yes. Frog soup? I
don't think so. The small bones would become gelatinous in such a cooking
method, making the texture unpalatable, to me.

The image's DOF is still too shallow for the subject however, no matter
what other ways that frogs have been used for human consumption.

From: John McWilliams on
Dudley Hanks wrote:
> "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message
>> On 2010-06-28 15:53:59 -0700, "Dudley Hanks" <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca>
>
> I haven't got it all, but probably have about 80% ...
>
> There are actually two or three friendly versions of his ID, or at least
> that's my suspicion. I haven't filtered them out, and won't until given
> reason...

In the meantime, could you chaps please trim??

--
lsmft
From: Dudley Hanks on
>> There are actually two or three friendly versions of his ID, or at least
>> that's my suspicion. I haven't filtered them out, and won't until given
>> reason...
>
> In the meantime, could you chaps please trim??

I'll try, but that's one thing screen readers don't excel at. There's no
way for me to accurately trim a message and keep headers intact.

But, sometimes, context isn't that important...

Take Care,
Dudley

From: Dudley Hanks on
>>> There are actually two or three friendly versions of his ID, or at least
>>> that's my suspicion. I haven't filtered them out, and won't until given
>>> reason...

It's ironic, TT (The Troll) is one of my favorite posters, as he / she has
displayed some good talent and has useful analytical skills. He / she / it
has given me some good, honest advice in the past, advice I've appreciated
as it's hard to find objective critiques when you're usual advisors are all
too likely to skew their words towards the kind side, due to their own
good-natures, familiar connections, etc...

But, I'm not a sadist by any stretch of the imagination, and TT isn't the
only member of the group with talent / skill, so I can only tolerate so much
abuse before TT's pro's are outweighed by his cons... (pun intended) ...

Thus, he's KF'd.

With a bit of luck, one of his more tempered versions will pass on his
brutal insights, tempered somewhat as to make the dialogue more tolerable.
Notice I said tolerable, and not diluted.

Take Care,
Dudley

From: Bill Graham on

"Dudley Hanks" <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote in message

> It's ironic, TT (The Troll) is one of my favorite posters, as he / she has
> displayed some good talent and has useful analytical skills. He / she /
> it has given me some good, honest advice in the past, advice I've
> appreciated as it's hard to find objective critiques when you're usual
> advisors are all too likely to skew their words towards the kind side, due
> to their own good-natures, familiar connections, etc...

Which brings up the question, "Exactly what is a troll?" I have come to
realize it is anyone with whom you disagree. - No more, & no less.......