From: Savageduck on
On 2010-06-28 23:26:05 -0700, "Bill Graham" <weg9(a)comcast.net> said:

> "Dudley Hanks" <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote in message
>>>>

>> It's ironic, TT (The Troll) is one of my favorite posters, as he / she
>> has displayed some good talent and has useful analytical skills. He /
>> she / it has given me some good, honest advice in the past, advice I've
>> appreciated as it's hard to find objective critiques when you're usual
>> advisors are all too likely to skew their words towards the kind side,
>> due to their own good-natures, familiar connections, etc...
>>
> Which brings up the question, "Exactly what is a troll?" I have come to
> realize it is anyone with whom you disagree. - No more, & no less.......

Hear is a little reading material for you;
http://www.flayme.com/troll/#What
--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Savageduck on
On 2010-06-29 00:51:49 -0700, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> said:

> On 2010-06-28 23:26:05 -0700, "Bill Graham" <weg9(a)comcast.net> said:
>

>> "Dudley Hanks" <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote in message
>>>>>

>>> It's ironic, TT (The Troll) is one of my favorite posters, as he / she
>>> has displayed some good talent and has useful analytical skills. He /
>>> she / it has given me some good, honest advice in the past, advice I've
>>> appreciated as it's hard to find objective critiques when you're usual
>>> advisors are all too likely to skew their words towards the kind side,
>>> due to their own good-natures, familiar connections, etc...
>>>
>> Which brings up the question, "Exactly what is a troll?" I have come to
>> realize it is anyone with whom you disagree. - No more, & no less.......
>
> Hear is a little reading material for you;
> http://www.flayme.com/troll/#What

....and a little more to read;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet_troll

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: LOL! on
On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 00:51:49 -0700, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On 2010-06-28 23:26:05 -0700, "Bill Graham" <weg9(a)comcast.net> said:
>

>> "Dudley Hanks" <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote in message
>>>>>

>>> It's ironic, TT (The Troll) is one of my favorite posters, as he / she
>>> has displayed some good talent and has useful analytical skills. He /
>>> she / it has given me some good, honest advice in the past, advice I've
>>> appreciated as it's hard to find objective critiques when you're usual
>>> advisors are all too likely to skew their words towards the kind side,
>>> due to their own good-natures, familiar connections, etc...
>>>
>> Which brings up the question, "Exactly what is a troll?" I have come to
>> realize it is anyone with whom you disagree. - No more, & no less.......
>
>Hear is a little reading material for you;
>http://www.flayme.com/troll/#What

Most interesting. Daffy Duck's posts fit these points perfectly!

No Imagination - Most are frighteningly obvious; sexist comments on nurses'
groups, blasphemy on religious groups .. I kid you not.
Pedantic in the Extreme - Many trolls' preparation is so thorough, that
while they waste time, they appear so ludicrous from the start that they
elicit sympathetic mail - the danger is that once the group takes sides,
the damage is done.
Off-topic posting - Often genuine errors, but, if from an 'outsider' they
deserve matter-of-fact response; if genuine, a brief apposite response is
simply netiquette; if it's a troll post, you have denied it its reward.
Repetition of a question or statement is either a troll - or a pedant;
either way, treatment as a troll is effective.
Missing The Point - Trolls rarely answer a direct question - they cannot,
if asked to justify their twaddle - so they develop a fine line in missing
the point.

LOL!!!!

From: LOL! on
On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 00:57:26 -0700, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On 2010-06-29 00:51:49 -0700, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> said:
>
>> On 2010-06-28 23:26:05 -0700, "Bill Graham" <weg9(a)comcast.net> said:
>>

>>> "Dudley Hanks" <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote in message

>>> Which brings up the question, "Exactly what is a troll?" I have come to
>>> realize it is anyone with whom you disagree. - No more, & no less.......
>>
>> Hear is a little reading material for you;
>> http://www.flayme.com/troll/#What
>
>...and a little more to read;
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet_troll

Wow! Again this perfectly describes everything that DaffyDuck posts!

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous,
or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion
forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users
into a desired emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal
on-topic discussion.[2] In addition to the offending poster, the noun
�troll� can also refer to the provocative message itself, as in that was an
excellent troll you posted. While the term troll and its associated action,
trolling, are primarily associated with Internet discourse, media attention
in recent years has made such labels highly subjective, with 'trolling'
being used to describe many intentionally provocative actions outside of an
online context."

Amazing!

(not really, I've known for a long time he's nothing but a low-life troll)

LOL!

From: Bill Graham on

> On 2010-06-28 23:26:05 -0700, "Bill Graham" <weg9(a)comcast.net> said:
>

>> "Dudley Hanks" <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote in message
>>>>>

>>> It's ironic, TT (The Troll) is one of my favorite posters, as he / she
>>> has displayed some good talent and has useful analytical skills. He /
>>> she / it has given me some good, honest advice in the past, advice I've
>>> appreciated as it's hard to find objective critiques when you're usual
>>> advisors are all too likely to skew their words towards the kind side,
>>> due to their own good-natures, familiar connections, etc...
>>>
>> Which brings up the question, "Exactly what is a troll?" I have come to
>> realize it is anyone with whom you disagree. - No more, & no less.......
>
> Hear is a little reading material for you;
> http://www.flayme.com/troll/#What
> --
> Regards,
>
> Savageduck

But everything your website says about trolls can also be said about,
"stupid people". IOW, just substitute, "stupid people" for the word,
"trolls" and it all comes together in the same way. - Everyone posts for
some reason. If the reason is stupid, and/or the post is stupid, then you
get a dumb post which is to say a post by a dumb person......I still see no
difference between this and a troll.