From: Bill Graham on

> On 2010-06-29 00:51:49 -0700, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
> said:
>
>> On 2010-06-28 23:26:05 -0700, "Bill Graham" <weg9(a)comcast.net> said:
>>

>>> "Dudley Hanks" <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote in message

>>> Which brings up the question, "Exactly what is a troll?" I have come to
>>> realize it is anyone with whom you disagree. - No more, & no less.......
>>
>> Hear is a little reading material for you;
>> http://www.flayme.com/troll/#What
>
> ...and a little more to read;
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet_troll
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Savageduck

Even your Wikipedia article says the definition is subjective.....The posts
are stupid/inflammatory/off topic in the eyes of the beholder.....Some
people teach by making outlandish statements.....Sort of a "shock therapy"
form of getting their students attention....Are these trolls? - I think not.
Or, if they are, then I have certainly learned a hell of a lot from trolls.

From: Savageduck on
On 2010-06-29 17:29:05 -0700, "Bill Graham" <weg9(a)comcast.net> said:

> "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message

>>> Hear is a little reading material for you;
>>> http://www.flayme.com/troll/#What
>>
>> ...and a little more to read;
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet_troll
>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Savageduck
>>

> Even your Wikipedia article says the definition is subjective.....The
> posts are stupid/inflammatory/off topic in the eyes of the
> beholder.....Some people teach by making outlandish statements.....Sort
> of a "shock therapy" form of getting their students attention....Are
> these trolls? - I think not. Or, if they are, then I have certainly
> learned a hell of a lot from trolls.

Some may have good intentions, however there are those who's hidden
(sometimes not so hidden) intent, or agenda is to disrupt, ridicule,
and provoke the other newsgroup participants, inquirers, and
contributers.
Any benefit they might bring to the group with valid information is
discounted by the toxicity of the manner of delivery.

....but you can choose to read, believe, and respond to whatever you
want, that is the beauty of Usenet.
--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Bill Graham on

> On 2010-06-29 17:29:05 -0700, "Bill Graham" <weg9(a)comcast.net> said:
>

>> "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message

>>> ...and a little more to read;
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet_troll
>>>

>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Savageduck
>>>

>> Even your Wikipedia article says the definition is subjective.....The
>> posts are stupid/inflammatory/off topic in the eyes of the
>> beholder.....Some people teach by making outlandish statements.....Sort
>> of a "shock therapy" form of getting their students attention....Are
>> these trolls? - I think not. Or, if they are, then I have certainly
>> learned a hell of a lot from trolls.
>
> Some may have good intentions, however there are those who's hidden
> (sometimes not so hidden) intent, or agenda is to disrupt, ridicule, and
> provoke the other newsgroup participants, inquirers, and contributers.
> Any benefit they might bring to the group with valid information is
> discounted by the toxicity of the manner of delivery.
>
> ...but you can choose to read, believe, and respond to whatever you want,
> that is the beauty of Usenet.
> --
> Regards,
>
> Savageduck

I usually do. - And sometimes I get my fingers burned.....But another beauty
of Usenet is that the burns are always caused by one's own mind, and are not
real burns.....:^)

From: LOL! on
On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 17:39:22 -0700, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On 2010-06-29 17:29:05 -0700, "Bill Graham" <weg9(a)comcast.net> said:
>

>> "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message

>>> ...and a little more to read;
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet_troll
>>>

>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Savageduck
>>>

>> Even your Wikipedia article says the definition is subjective.....The
>> posts are stupid/inflammatory/off topic in the eyes of the
>> beholder.....Some people teach by making outlandish statements.....Sort
>> of a "shock therapy" form of getting their students attention....Are
>> these trolls? - I think not. Or, if they are, then I have certainly
>> learned a hell of a lot from trolls.
>
>Some may have good intentions, however there are those who's hidden
>(sometimes not so hidden) intent, or agenda is to disrupt, ridicule,
>and provoke the other newsgroup participants, inquirers, and
>contributers.

Oh? You mean just like every last one of your inflammatory topic-hijacking
threads that go on endlessly and cry and cry about TROLLS??

Like that?

Hint: Ask someone what a mirror is. Then ask them how to use it.

YOU FUCKINGLY USELESS TROLL!!!!!!!!

LOL!
From: SneakyP on
"Bill Graham" <weg9(a)comcast.net> wrote in

> "stupid people".

ITHM - people who argue, cajole, irritate, harass, annoy, and really shout
(*LOOOK AT MEEEEEE), while berating those they are posting to (in almost
all cases).

HTH
HAND

--