From: SG1 on

"z1" <z1(a)127.0.0.1> wrote in message
> jonz wrote:
>>>>

>>> would this help?
>>> http://techdows.com/2009/07/uninstall-and-repair-net-framework-with.html
>>>
>>> so you didn't do a search about this?
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> yer bloods worth bottling bloke.....what a revelation....onya!
>>

> one thing you might want to realise:
>
> I ran that cleanup proggie, and since I have found reason to reinstall
> .Net - but now find something is broken and will have to do a total
> re-install of my OS if I ever want to get .Net back.

..NET gone thanks.

From: z1 on
SG1 wrote:
> "z1" <z1(a)127.0.0.1> wrote in message
>> SG1 wrote:
>>> Is there a way to get rid of .NET other than reloading windoze??? If so
>>> please outline. M$ was of course UNhelpful.
>>>

>> would this help?
>> http://techdows.com/2009/07/uninstall-and-repair-net-framework-with.html
>>
>> so you didn't do a search about this?
>
> Yes but I searched Microsnot.

I had disk space problems for discarding .Net.
When I do my re-install eventually I will make my c drive larger.
The thing is that there is basically nothing wrong with .Net. It's no
different to Java, and is being used more and more for new applications.

If you are so anti MS then you should be using OS X or Linux. No one is
forcing you to get snotty about MS.
And I hope you realise that no one is forcing you to use OE either to do
these posts. You don't own Windows, you just own your hardware which can
run Linux as well.
From: SG1 on

> SG1 wrote:
>> "z1" <z1(a)127.0.0.1> wrote in message
>>>>

>>> would this help?
>>> http://techdows.com/2009/07/uninstall-and-repair-net-framework-with.html
>>>
>>> so you didn't do a search about this?
>>
>> Yes but I searched Microsnot.
>>

> I had disk space problems for discarding .Net.
> When I do my re-install eventually I will make my c drive larger.
> The thing is that there is basically nothing wrong with .Net. It's no
> different to Java, and is being used more and more for new applications.
>
> If you are so anti MS then you should be using OS X or Linux. No one is
> forcing you to get snotty about MS.
> And I hope you realise that no one is forcing you to use OE either to do
> these posts. You don't own Windows, you just own your hardware which can
> run Linux as well.

I searched M$ for a way to remove one of their products. I did not state I
was anti M$. I just do not use anything that needs .NET so I looked for a
way to get rid of it when an update stalled & would not allow itself to be
fixed. I will leave the penguin to my eldest daughter. I am anti fruit
though.

From: keithr on
SG1 wrote:
> "z1" <z1(a)127.0.0.1> wrote in message
>> SG1 wrote:
>>> "z1" <z1(a)127.0.0.1> wrote in message

>>> Yes but I searched Microsnot.
>>>

>> I had disk space problems for discarding .Net.
>> When I do my re-install eventually I will make my c drive larger.
>> The thing is that there is basically nothing wrong with .Net. It's no
>> different to Java, and is being used more and more for new applications.
>>
>> If you are so anti MS then you should be using OS X or Linux. No one is
>> forcing you to get snotty about MS.
>> And I hope you realise that no one is forcing you to use OE either to do
>> these posts. You don't own Windows, you just own your hardware which can
>> run Linux as well.
>
> I searched M$ for a way to remove one of their products. I did not state I
> was anti M$. I just do not use anything that needs .NET so I looked for a
> way to get rid of it when an update stalled & would not allow itself to be
> fixed. I will leave the penguin to my eldest daughter. I am anti fruit
> though.

Whats the point of removing it? If you aren't using it, it isn't doing
you any harm unless you have a tiny harddisk running out of space.
From: me here on
SG1 wrote:

> "z1" <z1(a)127.0.0.1> wrote in message
> > SG1 wrote:
> >> "z1" <z1(a)127.0.0.1> wrote in message
> windoze??? If so >>>> please outline. M$ was of course UNhelpful.

> http://techdows.com/2009/07/uninstall-and-repair-net-framework-with.ht
> ml

> >> Yes but I searched Microsnot.
> > >

> > I had disk space problems for discarding .Net.
> > When I do my re-install eventually I will make my c drive larger.
> > The thing is that there is basically nothing wrong with .Net. It's
> > no different to Java, and is being used more and more for new
> > applications.
> >
> > If you are so anti MS then you should be using OS X or Linux. No
> > one is forcing you to get snotty about MS.
> > And I hope you realise that no one is forcing you to use OE either
> > to do these posts. You don't own Windows, you just own your
> > hardware which can run Linux as well.
>
> I searched M$ for a way to remove one of their products. I did not
> state I was anti M$. I just do not use anything that needs .NET so I
> looked for a way to get rid of it when an update stalled & would not
> allow itself to be fixed. I will leave the penguin to my eldest
> daughter. I am anti fruit though.

I recently put Netframework 4 on a 1 ghz P3 which ran quite happily
with the previous version, and it brought it to it's knees.

Ran so slowly that I had to reload the disc image I had taken as a
precaution.

Works fine on my P4, but anything older may not handle it too well.

Take an image first.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: time
Next: Internet companies could be forced to track you