From: keithr on
me here wrote:
> SG1 wrote:
>
>> "z1" <z1(a)127.0.0.1> wrote in message
>> windoze??? If so >>>> please outline. M$ was of course UNhelpful.

>> http://techdows.com/2009/07/uninstall-and-repair-net-framework-with.ht
>> ml
>>>>

>>> I had disk space problems for discarding .Net.
>>> When I do my re-install eventually I will make my c drive larger.
>>> The thing is that there is basically nothing wrong with .Net. It's
>>> no different to Java, and is being used more and more for new
>>> applications.
>>>
>>> If you are so anti MS then you should be using OS X or Linux. No
>>> one is forcing you to get snotty about MS.
>>> And I hope you realise that no one is forcing you to use OE either
>>> to do these posts. You don't own Windows, you just own your
>>> hardware which can run Linux as well.
>> I searched M$ for a way to remove one of their products. I did not
>> state I was anti M$. I just do not use anything that needs .NET so I
>> looked for a way to get rid of it when an update stalled & would not
>> allow itself to be fixed. I will leave the penguin to my eldest
>> daughter. I am anti fruit though.
>

> I recently put Netframework 4 on a 1 ghz P3 which ran quite happily
> with the previous version, and it brought it to it's knees.
>
> Ran so slowly that I had to reload the disc image I had taken as a
> precaution.
>
> Works fine on my P4, but anything older may not handle it too well.
>
> Take an image first.

Shouldn't make any difference unless you are running programs that use it.
From: me here on
keithr wrote:

> me here wrote:
> > SG1 wrote:
> >
> >> "z1" <z1(a)127.0.0.1> wrote in message
> >> windoze??? If so >>>> please outline. M$ was of course UNhelpful.

> http://techdows.com/2009/07/uninstall-and-repair-net-framework-with.ht
> >> ml >>>>> so you didn't do a search about this?

> >> I searched M$ for a way to remove one of their products. I did not
> >> state I was anti M$. I just do not use anything that needs .NET so
> I >> looked for a way to get rid of it when an update stalled & would
> not >> allow itself to be fixed. I will leave the penguin to my eldest
> >> daughter. I am anti fruit though.
> >

> > I recently put Netframework 4 on a 1 ghz P3 which ran quite happily
> > with the previous version, and it brought it to it's knees.
> >
> > Ran so slowly that I had to reload the disc image I had taken as a
> > precaution.
> >
> > Works fine on my P4, but anything older may not handle it too well.
> >
> > Take an image first.
> >
> Shouldn't make any difference unless you are running programs that
> use it.

Well that's what happened.

From: SG1 on

"keithr" <keith(a)nowhere.com.au> wrote in message
> SG1 wrote:
>> "z1" <z1(a)127.0.0.1> wrote in message

>>> I had disk space problems for discarding .Net.
>>> When I do my re-install eventually I will make my c drive larger.
>>> The thing is that there is basically nothing wrong with .Net. It's no
>>> different to Java, and is being used more and more for new applications.
>>>
>>> If you are so anti MS then you should be using OS X or Linux. No one is
>>> forcing you to get snotty about MS.
>>> And I hope you realise that no one is forcing you to use OE either to do
>>> these posts. You don't own Windows, you just own your hardware which can
>>> run Linux as well.
>>
>> I searched M$ for a way to remove one of their products. I did not state
>> I was anti M$. I just do not use anything that needs .NET so I looked for
>> a way to get rid of it when an update stalled & would not allow itself to
>> be fixed. I will leave the penguin to my eldest daughter. I am anti fruit
>> though.
>>

> Whats the point of removing it? If you aren't using it, it isn't doing you
> any harm unless you have a tiny harddisk running out of space.

Did you miss the bit about the stalled update?????

From: jonz on
On 6/11/2010 7:54 PM, z1 wrote:
> jonz wrote:
>>>>

>>> would this help?
>>> http://techdows.com/2009/07/uninstall-and-repair-net-framework-with.html
>>>
>>> so you didn't do a search about this?
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> yer bloods worth bottling bloke.....what a revelation....onya!
>>

> one thing you might want to realise:
>
> I ran that cleanup proggie, and since I have found reason to reinstall
> .Net - but now find something is broken and will have to do a total
> re-install of my OS if I ever want to get .Net back.
.net had been broken for a while, but i could not delete it......the
uninstall program fixed that, and i gained *lots* of speed...sooo, i
think i can live without it......:^)

--
jonz
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea - massive,