From: John Navas on
On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 03:17:26 +0000, in
<Xns9DBCECD3324A6noonehomecom(a)74.209.131.13>, Larry <noone(a)home.com>
wrote:

>"Richard B. Gilbert" <rgilbert88(a)comcast.net> wrote in news:48edncC2FOq-
>xdrRnZ2dnUVZ_uqdnZ2d(a)giganews.com:
>
>> I just tested my Motorola RAZR V3m. I'm sitting at my computer in a
>> room in the second story of my house. I have three, out of a possible
>> four bars in my signal strength display. I can touch any part of the
>> phone without affecting the signal strength display!
>>
>> *Some* other handsets may have the problem but clearly it's not "all"!
>
>Motorola Z6m is the same way. You can wrap BOTH hands around a Z6m, and
>the signal level varies not. Motorola magic from REAL radio engineers...
>(c;]

Likewise the T-Mobile myTouch 3G (aka HTC Magic).

--
John

"Facts? We ain't got no facts. We don't need no facts. I don't have
to show you any stinking facts!" [with apologies to John Huston]
From: nospam on
In article <slph46tr56t6qmdkec62j3mnfojnvi6nfk(a)4ax.com>, John Navas
<spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

> >Motorola Z6m is the same way. You can wrap BOTH hands around a Z6m, and
> >the signal level varies not. Motorola magic from REAL radio engineers...
> >(c;]
>
> Likewise the T-Mobile myTouch 3G (aka HTC Magic).

bullshit.

i was in a t-mobile store just the other day for an unrelated issue and
they had the mytouch on display, so while i waited, i tried holding it
in a normal manner and watched the signal strength meter drop.
From: Thomas T. Veldhouse on
In alt.cellular.verizon nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:
> In article <slph46tr56t6qmdkec62j3mnfojnvi6nfk(a)4ax.com>, John Navas
> <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>> >Motorola Z6m is the same way. You can wrap BOTH hands around a Z6m, and
>> >the signal level varies not. Motorola magic from REAL radio engineers...
>> >(c;]
>>
>> Likewise the T-Mobile myTouch 3G (aka HTC Magic).
>
> bullshit.
>
> i was in a t-mobile store just the other day for an unrelated issue and
> they had the mytouch on display, so while i waited, i tried holding it
> in a normal manner and watched the signal strength meter drop.

The entire scenario applies to low signal areas to begin with. That is the
premise behind the iPhone 4 issue. T-Mobile stores usually do NOT suffer from
low signal. I am not saying that you would have scene noticable signal
reduction with that phone, but I am not saying you wouldn't either. What I am
saying is that your test was completely invalid.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Religion is a crutch, but that's okay... humanity is a cripple.
From: nospam on
In article <8atjo4F6a7U1(a)mid.individual.net>, Thomas T. Veldhouse
<veldy71(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Likewise the T-Mobile myTouch 3G (aka HTC Magic).
> >
> > bullshit.
> >
> > i was in a t-mobile store just the other day for an unrelated issue and
> > they had the mytouch on display, so while i waited, i tried holding it
> > in a normal manner and watched the signal strength meter drop.
>
> The entire scenario applies to low signal areas to begin with.

true.

> That is the
> premise behind the iPhone 4 issue. T-Mobile stores usually do NOT suffer from
> low signal. I am not saying that you would have scene noticable signal
> reduction with that phone, but I am not saying you wouldn't either. What I am
> saying is that your test was completely invalid.

actually it's more valid because if i can cause an effect where there's
a strong signal, it can only be worse when it's weak.
From: John Navas on
On 23 Jul 2010 13:28:36 GMT, in <8atjo4F6a7U1(a)mid.individual.net>,
"Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>In alt.cellular.verizon nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:

>>> Likewise the T-Mobile myTouch 3G (aka HTC Magic).
>>
>> bullshit.
>>
>> i was in a t-mobile store just the other day for an unrelated issue and
>> they had the mytouch on display, so while i waited, i tried holding it
>> in a normal manner and watched the signal strength meter drop.
>
>The entire scenario applies to low signal areas to begin with. That is the
>premise behind the iPhone 4 issue. T-Mobile stores usually do NOT suffer from
>low signal. I am not saying that you would have scene noticable signal
>reduction with that phone, but I am not saying you wouldn't either. What I am
>saying is that your test was completely invalid.

I actually own one, have carefully tested it under low signal
conditions, and there is no reported drop in signal strength
(dBm & asu, not bars) no matter how I hold it with either hand.

--
John

"Assumption is the mother of all screw ups."
[Wethern�s Law of Suspended Judgement]