From: Anthony Aquino on

Hi! How are you?

Can you guys help me?

I've a zOS+Hercules setup installed in my notebook but I want install
natural (softwareag) too. Do you know where can I find the disks?

Do you know if the new NaturalOne can be linked with zOS? If yes, can
you share the configuration with me, please?

Thanks

From: Clark F Morris on
On Thu, 13 May 2010 13:45:46 -0700 (PDT), Anthony Aquino
<anthonyjefferson(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi! How are you?
>
>Can you guys help me?
>
>I've a zOS+Hercules setup installed in my notebook but I want install
>natural (softwareag) too. Do you know where can I find the disks?

How did you do this legally?

From: Kulin Remailer on
Clark F Morris <cfmpublic(a)ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:

> >I've a zOS+Hercules setup installed in my notebook but I want install
> >natural (softwareag) too. Do you know where can I find the disks?
>
> How did you do this legally?

It's pathetic to see how many people work for the government. Are they
paying you to enforce contracts you haven't even read, or do you just have
too much spare time?

From: Anonymous on
In article <4H3ZLJJ640312.889837963(a)reece.net.au>,
Kulin Remailer <remailer(a)reece.net.au> wrote:
>Clark F Morris <cfmpublic(a)ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
>> >I've a zOS+Hercules setup installed in my notebook but I want install
>> >natural (softwareag) too. Do you know where can I find the disks?
>>
>> How did you do this legally?
>
>It's pathetic to see how many people work for the government. Are they
>paying you to enforce contracts you haven't even read, or do you just have
>too much spare time?

It might be reasonably concluded that the abovegiven answer readily
translates to 'I did not do this legally'.

DD

From: Alistair Maclean on
On May 13, 9:45 pm, Anthony Aquino <anthonyjeffer...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi! How are you?
>
> Can you guys help me?
>
> I've a zOS+Hercules setup installed in my notebook but I want install
> natural (softwareag) too. Do you know where can I find the disks?

No, I don't know where you ccan get the disks (or tapes or
cartridges).
Natural and Adabas can be installed on the pc by using the community
editions that run under Windows and are avaialable from Software AG at
Darmstadt FREE OF CHARGE. If you are trying to install mainframe
versions, then you are almost certainly breaking the law in at least
two countries.

> Do you know if the new NaturalOne can be linked with zOS? If yes, can
> you share the configuration with me, please?

Never heard of NaturalOne. The last version I installed was Natural 6
on the pc and, IIRC, it could link to the mainframe via the
appropriate server software.

I suggest that you go to the Software AG web site at http://tech.forums.softwareag.com/
and ask people who would know the answer to your questions.

You may also care to visit the newsgroup at comp.databases.adabas. You
might even try the Hercules group (or the nice people at CBTTape.org).

In case you have not guessed yet: COBOL is not a subset of Natural (or
vice versa). Asking Adabas and/or Natural questions is like waving a
grey flag at an irate bull.