From: Jessica Colman on
Hi everyone,

a customer asked, if there is a possibiliy to generate barcodes on a
mainframe with pl/1 or cobol. I noticed a thread here in 2004 but it
didn't come to an end. Does anyone have an idea?

Regards

Jessica (Germany)
From: LR on
Jessica Colman wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> a customer asked, if there is a possibiliy to generate barcodes on a
> mainframe with pl/1 or cobol. I noticed a thread here in 2004 but it
> didn't come to an end. Does anyone have an idea?
>
> Regards
>
> Jessica (Germany)

The USPS seems to provide some support for mail bar codes.
https://ribbs.usps.gov/onecodesolution/download.cfm

What mainframe and printer do you expect to use?

LR
From: Peter Flass on
Jessica Colman wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> a customer asked, if there is a possibiliy to generate barcodes on a
> mainframe with pl/1 or cobol. I noticed a thread here in 2004 but it
> didn't come to an end. Does anyone have an idea?
>
> Regards
>
> Jessica (Germany)

It all depends on your printer. There are barcode fonts for AFP,
Postscript, PCL, etc. All you have to do is print the code specifying
the correct font.
From: glen herrmannsfeldt on
In comp.lang.pl1 Jessica Colman <jessica.colman(a)augustakom.net> wrote:

> a customer asked, if there is a possibiliy to generate barcodes on a
> mainframe with pl/1 or cobol. I noticed a thread here in 2004 but it
> didn't come to an end. Does anyone have an idea?

I don't believe that is is a normal output form for any form
of COBOL or PL/I. You could easily write PDF, Postscript, or
one of many other graphical languages to form printable barcodes.

-- glen
From: HeyBub on
glen herrmannsfeldt wrote:
> In comp.lang.pl1 Jessica Colman <jessica.colman(a)augustakom.net> wrote:
>
>> a customer asked, if there is a possibiliy to generate barcodes on a
>> mainframe with pl/1 or cobol. I noticed a thread here in 2004 but it
>> didn't come to an end. Does anyone have an idea?
>
> I don't believe that is is a normal output form for any form
> of COBOL or PL/I. You could easily write PDF, Postscript, or
> one of many other graphical languages to form printable barcodes.

Sure it is. Anything doable in PDF or Postscript is doable in COBOL (but not
the reverse).

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Cobol JNI