From: Savatage on
"If the company postpones 'upgrading' we will be without patches and
updates. Running Server 2000 without protection would leave the company
exploitable."

What protection will you be without. I would assume after 10 years 2000 has
all the patches it will ever need. I think your worring for no reason. Any
hacker or whatever you're worried about is not wasting anytime trying to
crack Win2000.

The last SP was on September 13, 2005 (SP4). We use Server 2000 in some
places too and never worried about it. Feel free to move to 2003 if you want
too. Server 2005 & 2008 you will have to upgrade your exacutables.
From: Eddie on
On 16 Oct, 15:27, Parvardigar <parvardi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Oct 16, 1:18 am, "Peter D. Jørgensen"
>
> <pdj1...(a)hotKILLSPAMMERSmail.com> wrote:
> > "Parvardigar" wrote
>
> > > and use Navision through Citrix Term Server for our workers in Europe
>
> > As I wrote in another thread, then the usage of Citrix on the Windows 2000
> > server could be an issue. I expect you are using a different server as
> > Citrix server? Or atleast are using a fully updated VPN solution to provide
> > the connection?
>
> > PS: Please reduce your quoting, thanks :-)
>
> > /Peter
>
> Two Servers. 1. Domain Controller. 2. Term Server / Citrix Metaframe.
> Europe logs in with a Citrix Session accessing Navision on the DC.
>
> I'm certain Microsoft Server 2008 is not an option. That is Vista
> architecture. There may be hope that Navision 2.01B can run on
> Microsoft Server 2003.
> John

I don't understand managements concern about upgrading the Operating
System when that version of Navision hasn't been supported for years.

I would simply check the security of the network and methods of
access.
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: License