From: will s on

"Ben Taylor" <not(a)home.net> wrote in message
> On 11/07/2010 12:47 PM, Rob wrote:
>> On 11/07/2010 11:56 AM, Ben Taylor wrote:
>>> Last year I backed up my camera pics and movies on a CD-R disc.
>>> Now when I try to open it to get files and it won't.
>>> I have tried File Scavenger, Easeus, Recover my Files.
>>> When I right click and choose Open, the door opens and it says Insert a
>>> Disc.
>>> When I choose Properties / General I get:
>>> Used space: - Full blue disc 0 bytes
>>> Free space: - ....... 0 bytes
>>>
>>> So there is still data there but how can I get to it?
>>>
>>> Appreciate any help.
>>> Ben
>>
>> Try another CD reader. Even through they will play music may not read
>> data and vice versa.
>
> Have 2 DVD drives, tried on both.
>>
>> Of course you a good brand of CD's?
>
> Imation?
>
> Cheers,
> Ben

Imation not very good

http://www.jufsoft.com/badcopy/cd_recovery.asp?rid=google&kid=gdr0101

From: me here on
Ben Taylor wrote:

> On 11/07/2010 1:02 PM, XR8 Sprintless wrote:
> > On 11/07/2010 11:56 AM, Ben Taylor wrote:
> > > Last year I backed up my camera pics and movies on a CD-R disc.
> > > Now when I try to open it to get files and it won't.
> > > I have tried File Scavenger, Easeus, Recover my Files.
> > > When I right click and choose Open, the door opens and it says
> > > Insert a Disc.
> > > When I choose Properties / General I get:
> > > Used space: - Full blue disc 0 bytes
> > > Free space: - ....... 0 bytes
> > >
> > > So there is still data there but how can I get to it?
> > >
> > > Appreciate any help.
> > > Ben
> > Try isobuster.
>
> Thanks but Isobuster just shows Blank CD.
> Ben.

Try Testdisk

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Download

Rob

From: idgat on
On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 13:53:40 +1000, Ben Taylor <not(a)home.net> wrote:

>On 11/07/2010 12:47 PM, Rob wrote:
>> On 11/07/2010 11:56 AM, Ben Taylor wrote:
>>> Last year I backed up my camera pics and movies on a CD-R disc.
>>> Now when I try to open it to get files and it won't.
>>> I have tried File Scavenger, Easeus, Recover my Files.
>>> When I right click and choose Open, the door opens and it says Insert a
>>> Disc.
>>> When I choose Properties / General I get:
>>> Used space: - Full blue disc 0 bytes
>>> Free space: - ....... 0 bytes
>>>
>>> So there is still data there but how can I get to it?
>>>
>>> Appreciate any help.
>>> Ben
>>
>> Try another CD reader. Even through they will play music may not read
>> data and vice versa.
>
>Have 2 DVD drives, tried on both.

You need to try it in another computer. not just a different drive in
your computer.

What program did you burn it wirh?
--
idgat
Compuglobalhypermeganet Inc.
From: idgat on
On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 11:56:35 +1000, Ben Taylor <not(a)home.net> wrote:

>Last year I backed up my camera pics and movies on a CD-R disc.
>Now when I try to open it to get files and it won't.
>I have tried File Scavenger, Easeus, Recover my Files.
>When I right click and choose Open, the door opens and it says Insert a
>Disc.
>When I choose Properties / General I get:
>Used space: - Full blue disc 0 bytes
>Free space: - ....... 0 bytes
>
>So there is still data there but how can I get to it?
>
>Appreciate any help.
>Ben

Join, then post your question in this forum - likely to get much wider
range of responses

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum/10
From: AStext on
On Jul 11, 11:56 am, Ben Taylor <n...(a)home.net> wrote:
> Last year I backed up my camera pics and movies on a CD-R disc.
> Now when I try to open it to get files and it won't.
> I have tried File Scavenger, Easeus, Recover my Files.
> When I right click and choose Open, the door opens and it says Insert a
> Disc.
> When I choose Properties / General I get:
> Used space: - Full blue disc 0 bytes
> Free space: - ....... 0 bytes
>
> So there is still data there but how can I get to it?
>
> Appreciate any help.
> Ben

> Used space: - Full blue disc 0 bytes

Why does it say full blue disc? Is it a blue ray? In which case, is it
not a blue ray DVD, rather than a CD-R?

Did in fact the data ever get written, ie, did you verify the write at
the time?

Is the machine you are trying to read the data from, the same machine
that you burned the data on? Is your current DVD drive blue ray
capable?
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Wireless Settings