From: Brad on

"AStext" <astext(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
On Jul 11, 11:56 am, Ben Taylor <n...(a)home.net> wrote:
> Last year I backed up my camera pics and movies on a CD-R disc.
> Now when I try to open it to get files and it won't.
> I have tried File Scavenger, Easeus, Recover my Files.
> When I right click and choose Open, the door opens and it says Insert a
> Disc.
> When I choose Properties / General I get:
> Used space: - Full blue disc 0 bytes
> Free space: - ....... 0 bytes
>
> So there is still data there but how can I get to it?
>
> Appreciate any help.
> Ben

> Used space: - Full blue disc 0 bytes

Looks like you didn't close the disk which can have nasty results if you try
to read with another disc or writer.

Try opening in something like Nero etc and import old session,

From: Rod Speed on

http://www.infinadyne.com/

From: Ben Taylor on
On 12/07/2010 10:34 AM, AStext wrote:
> On Jul 11, 11:56 am, Ben Taylor<n...(a)home.net> wrote:
>> Last year I backed up my camera pics and movies on a CD-R disc.
>> Now when I try to open it to get files and it won't.
>> I have tried File Scavenger, Easeus, Recover my Files.
>> When I right click and choose Open, the door opens and it says Insert a
>> Disc.
>> When I choose Properties / General I get:
>> Used space: - Full blue disc 0 bytes
>> Free space: - ....... 0 bytes
>>
>> So there is still data there but how can I get to it?
>>
>> Appreciate any help.
>> Ben
>
>> Used space: - Full blue disc 0 bytes
>
> Why does it say full blue disc? Is it a blue ray? In which case, is it
> not a blue ray DVD, rather than a CD-R?

My Computer > rt click on drive > properties >
Little disc pie image has blue slice for Used space & Purple slice for
Free space.

> Did in fact the data ever get written, ie, did you verify the write at
> the time?

Of course I did ... I think.
> Is the machine you are trying to read the data from, the same machine
> that you burned the data on? Is your current DVD drive blue ray
> capable?

Same DVD drive.
From: Ben Taylor on
On 12/07/2010 1:07 PM, Brad wrote:
> "AStext"<astext(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Jul 11, 11:56 am, Ben Taylor<n...(a)home.net> wrote:
>> Last year I backed up my camera pics and movies on a CD-R disc.
>> Now when I try to open it to get files and it won't.
>> I have tried File Scavenger, Easeus, Recover my Files.
>> When I right click and choose Open, the door opens and it says Insert a
>> Disc.
>> When I choose Properties / General I get:
>> Used space: - Full blue disc 0 bytes
>> Free space: - ....... 0 bytes
>>
>> So there is still data there but how can I get to it?
>>
>> Appreciate any help.
>> Ben
>
>> Used space: - Full blue disc 0 bytes
>
> Looks like you didn't close the disk which can have nasty results if you try
> to read with another disc or writer.
>
> Try opening in something like Nero etc and import old session,

I have Nero 8. Where do I do this?

Ben
From: Ben Taylor on
On 12/07/2010 1:12 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
> Ben Taylor wrote:
>
>> Last year I backed up my camera pics and movies on a CD-R disc.
>> Now when I try to open it to get files and it won't.
>> I have tried File Scavenger, Easeus, Recover my Files.
>> When I right click and choose Open, the door opens and it says Insert a Disc.
>
>> When I choose Properties / General I get:
>> Used space: - Full blue disc 0 bytes
>> Free space: - ....... 0 bytes
>>
>> So there is still data there but how can I get to it?
>
> http://www.infinadyne.com/

No wouldn't even select the drive.
But thanks,
Ben