From: Ben Taylor on
Last year I backed up my camera pics and movies on a CD-R disc.
Now when I try to open it to get files and it won't.
I have tried File Scavenger, Easeus, Recover my Files.
When I right click and choose Open, the door opens and it says Insert a
Disc.
When I choose Properties / General I get:
Used space: - Full blue disc 0 bytes
Free space: - ....... 0 bytes

So there is still data there but how can I get to it?

Appreciate any help.
Ben
From: Rob on
On 11/07/2010 11:56 AM, Ben Taylor wrote:
> Last year I backed up my camera pics and movies on a CD-R disc.
> Now when I try to open it to get files and it won't.
> I have tried File Scavenger, Easeus, Recover my Files.
> When I right click and choose Open, the door opens and it says Insert a
> Disc.
> When I choose Properties / General I get:
> Used space: - Full blue disc 0 bytes
> Free space: - ....... 0 bytes
>
> So there is still data there but how can I get to it?
>
> Appreciate any help.
> Ben

Try another CD reader. Even through they will play music may not read
data and vice versa.

Of course you a good brand of CD's?
From: XR8 Sprintless on
On 11/07/2010 11:56 AM, Ben Taylor wrote:
> Last year I backed up my camera pics and movies on a CD-R disc.
> Now when I try to open it to get files and it won't.
> I have tried File Scavenger, Easeus, Recover my Files.
> When I right click and choose Open, the door opens and it says Insert a
> Disc.
> When I choose Properties / General I get:
> Used space: - Full blue disc 0 bytes
> Free space: - ....... 0 bytes
>
> So there is still data there but how can I get to it?
>
> Appreciate any help.
> Ben
Try isobuster.
From: Ben Taylor on
On 11/07/2010 1:02 PM, XR8 Sprintless wrote:
> On 11/07/2010 11:56 AM, Ben Taylor wrote:
>> Last year I backed up my camera pics and movies on a CD-R disc.
>> Now when I try to open it to get files and it won't.
>> I have tried File Scavenger, Easeus, Recover my Files.
>> When I right click and choose Open, the door opens and it says Insert a
>> Disc.
>> When I choose Properties / General I get:
>> Used space: - Full blue disc 0 bytes
>> Free space: - ....... 0 bytes
>>
>> So there is still data there but how can I get to it?
>>
>> Appreciate any help.
>> Ben
> Try isobuster.

Thanks but Isobuster just shows Blank CD.
Ben.
From: Ben Taylor on
On 11/07/2010 12:47 PM, Rob wrote:
> On 11/07/2010 11:56 AM, Ben Taylor wrote:
>> Last year I backed up my camera pics and movies on a CD-R disc.
>> Now when I try to open it to get files and it won't.
>> I have tried File Scavenger, Easeus, Recover my Files.
>> When I right click and choose Open, the door opens and it says Insert a
>> Disc.
>> When I choose Properties / General I get:
>> Used space: - Full blue disc 0 bytes
>> Free space: - ....... 0 bytes
>>
>> So there is still data there but how can I get to it?
>>
>> Appreciate any help.
>> Ben
>
> Try another CD reader. Even through they will play music may not read
> data and vice versa.

Have 2 DVD drives, tried on both.

> Of course you a good brand of CD's?

Imation?