From: Ben Taylor on
On 12/07/2010 7:41 AM, idgat wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 13:53:40 +1000, Ben Taylor<not(a)home.net> wrote:

>>> Try another CD reader. Even through they will play music may not read
>>> data and vice versa.
>>
>> Have 2 DVD drives, tried on both.
>
> You need to try it in another computer. not just a different drive in
> your computer.
>
> What program did you burn it wirh?
> --
> idgat
> Compuglobalhypermeganet Inc.
Actually now you made me think - I was using XP when I made it but now
I'm trying to open it on Wni7.
Would think it would ber OK then.
Ben

From: Ben Taylor on
On 12/07/2010 7:43 AM, idgat wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 11:56:35 +1000, Ben Taylor<not(a)home.net> wrote:
>
>> Last year I backed up my camera pics and movies on a CD-R disc.
>> Now when I try to open it to get files and it won't.
>> I have tried File Scavenger, Easeus, Recover my Files.
>> When I right click and choose Open, the door opens and it says Insert a
>> Disc.
>> When I choose Properties / General I get:
>> Used space: - Full blue disc 0 bytes
>> Free space: - ....... 0 bytes
>>
>> So there is still data there but how can I get to it?
>>
>> Appreciate any help.
>> Ben
>
> Join, then post your question in this forum - likely to get much wider
> range of responses
>
> http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum/10
> --
> idgat
> Compuglobalhypermeganet Inc.
I'll try this thanks.
Ben
From: Rod Speed on
Ben Taylor wrote:
> On 12/07/2010 1:12 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
>> Ben Taylor wrote:
>>
>>> Last year I backed up my camera pics and movies on a CD-R disc.
>>> Now when I try to open it to get files and it won't.
>>> I have tried File Scavenger, Easeus, Recover my Files.
>>> When I right click and choose Open, the door opens and it says
>>> Insert a Disc.
>>
>>> When I choose Properties / General I get:
>>> Used space: - Full blue disc 0 bytes
>>> Free space: - ....... 0 bytes
>>>
>>> So there is still data there but how can I get to it?
>>
>> http://www.infinadyne.com/
>>

> No wouldn't even select the drive.

Must be something fucked with the hardware. Try it in a different PC.

From: AStext on
On Jul 12, 7:15 pm, Ben Taylor <n...(a)home.net> wrote:
> On 12/07/2010 10:34 AM, AStext wrote:
>

> > On Jul 11, 11:56 am, Ben Taylor<n...(a)home.net>  wrote:
> >> Last year I backed up my camera pics and movies on a CD-R disc.
> >> Now when I try to open it to get files and it won't.
> >> I have tried File Scavenger, Easeus, Recover my Files.
> >> When I right click and choose Open, the door opens and it says Insert a
> >> Disc.
> >> When I choose Properties / General I get:
> >> Used space: - Full blue disc 0 bytes
> >> Free space: - ....... 0 bytes
>
> >> So there is still data there but how can I get to it?
>
> >> Appreciate any help.
> >> Ben
>
> >> Used space: - Full blue disc 0 bytes
>
> > Why does it say full blue disc? Is it a blue ray? In which case, is it
> > not a blue ray DVD, rather than a CD-R?
>
> My Computer > rt click on drive > properties >
> Little disc pie image has blue slice for Used space & Purple slice for
> Free space.
>
> > Did in fact the data ever get written, ie, did you verify the write at
> > the time?
>
> Of course I did ... I think.

I get a disc to eject on completion of writing, then put it back in
immediately and see if it will mount and I can access the files. I've
had many a disc apparently complete, but fail to mount straight after.
No idea why.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe you were using a cd as a
ram disc - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InCD - which I found to be not
worth the effort. It might be that you need to re-install the InCD
packet writing software with your new OS . . Just a thought .... not
worth worrying about if you really don't think so . .

> > Is the machine you are trying to read the data from, the same machine
> > that you burned the data on? Is your current DVD drive blue ray
> > capable?
>
> Same DVD drive.- Hide quoted text -

Given that your dvd writer is the same, (different OS shouldn't make
any difference) and the disc cannot be mounted, there is no
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Wireless Settings
Next: audio to m/b connection