From: Marts on
Rob wrote...

> I bought mine through the ISP in the first place who had the Netcomm
> NB1300 plus 4 at a reasonable price not understanding much about modem
> routers back then.

I doubt that NetComm did either (and maybe it still doesn't).

I had the NB1300 that Netspace provided. It was always playing up. Then Netcomm
released a firmware patch to "fix" a few problems. I applied it as per the
destructions.

An hour later after I realised that it bricked itself, I went to Hardley Normal
and got an NB5. It was even worse - slow, lockups, etc. Then a few weeks later I
moved to a new ISP which provided an Open Networks modem for its DSL2+ service.
It's still going strong 4 years on.

> My next modem is going to be the Belkin something ??? and I hope thats
> is as reliable.
>
> I was considering a Billion at some stage.

And what changed your mind? I'm looking at something like the 7404 series.

From: Rob on
Marts wrote:
> Rob wrote...
>
>> I bought mine through the ISP in the first place who had the Netcomm
>> NB1300 plus 4 at a reasonable price not understanding much about modem
>> routers back then.
>
> I doubt that NetComm did either (and maybe it still doesn't).

either what?????

From: jones on
Thanks again to all for ideas.
Katherine

From: annily on
Marts wrote:
> Rob wrote...
>
>> I bought mine through the ISP in the first place who had the Netcomm
>> NB1300 plus 4 at a reasonable price not understanding much about modem
>> routers back then.
>
> I doubt that NetComm did either (and maybe it still doesn't).
>
> I had the NB1300 that Netspace provided. It was always playing up. Then Netcomm
> released a firmware patch to "fix" a few problems. I applied it as per the
> destructions.
>
> An hour later after I realised that it bricked itself, I went to Hardley Normal
> and got an NB5. It was even worse - slow, lockups, etc. Then a few weeks later I
> moved to a new ISP which provided an Open Networks modem for its DSL2+ service.
> It's still going strong 4 years on.

Netcomm seem to have finally got it right with the NB6 series, from my
own experience and the reports of others. It's a good modem at a
reasonable price.

--
Long-time resident of Adelaide, South Australia,
which may or may not influence my opinions.
From: Marts on
Rob wrote...

> Marts wrote:
> > Rob wrote...
> >
> >> I bought mine through the ISP in the first place who had the Netcomm
> >> NB1300 plus 4 at a reasonable price not understanding much about modem
> >> routers back then.
> >
> > I doubt that NetComm did either (and maybe it still doesn't).
> >

> either what?????

That Netcomm didn't understand much about modem routers back then...

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Heat sink Q
Next: Internet choice adsl or adsl2