From: Mikep on

"Joseph M. Newcomer" <newcomer(a)flounder.com> wrote in message
>I misunderstood the parity of the statement.
>
> I'm having a lot of trouble reading, this week, the consequence of a
> cerebral incident
> last Saturday.
> joe

Hope it's nothing really serious - Us old guys worry. Like you, I grew up on
IBM 1620's... just so you know where I fit in the old guy scheme.

From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
I'm left with vision problems, reading and typing (at least proofreading my typing, which
usually contains numerous errors) are challenging. No damage to my Acerbic Center, or any
other important brain functions.
joe

From: Tom Serface on
I think there is very little you can do in a browser without JavaScript.
I'm glad to see them finally add an MFC forum. I agree that the newsgroups
are easier for us techy types to negotiate, but the forums are the future so
having MFC represented is a good thing.

Tom

From: Tom Serface on
How can viruses be transferred using JavaScript? Unless users download a
client there is very little access to the client's machine. Java applets
are a different animal of course and I wouldn't use them at all.

Tom

From: Tom Serface on
ActiveX is essentially client-side application code. It's way different
than JavaScript. I'm not sure there are many sites you can use without
JavaScript these days. Most of them use some sort of ASP, JSP, PHP, or some
other "P" to generate HTML and that almost always translates into
JavaScript.