From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
But a fungus can grow on you, too. It doesn't make it more aesthetic or desirable because
it is growing on you...
joe

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 07:45:43 -0500, "Tom Serface" <tom(a)camaswood.com> wrote:

>It's kind of growing on me. It doesn't have the community feel of the
>newsgroups, but I don't think it's too bad.
>
>Tom
>
>"Joseph M. Newcomer" <newcomer(a)flounder.com> wrote in message
>> Yes, but it is still an ugly forum with an ugly interface.
>> joe
>>
>> On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 18:39:53 -0500, "Tom Serface" <tom(a)camaswood.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>I think there is very little you can do in a browser without JavaScript.
>>>I'm glad to see them finally add an MFC forum. I agree that the
>>>newsgroups
>>>are easier for us techy types to negotiate, but the forums are the future
>>>so
>>>having MFC represented is a good thing.
>>>
>>>Tom

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
From: Tom Serface on
I guess I'll give that another go. It didn't work for me about 6 months ago
when I tried it, but I'd like to use it with Windows Live Mail if possible
since it does spelling checking, etc. (Win Live Mail, not the bridge)

Tom

From: Tom Serface on
Man, now there's a word picture I'll have to live with for at least a day...

From: BobF on
I've been using it with Thunderbird ...

From: David Ching on
"BobF" <nothanks(a)no.spam> wrote in message
> I had a one-time problem that made me redownload the list of newsgroups
> after shutting down the bridge. It only happened once.

Word on the street is this is caused by shutting down Windows without
manually closing the bridge. Make sure you manually close the bridge prior
to shutting down Windows.

-- David