From: BobF on
David Ching wrote:
> "BobF" <nothanks(a)no.spam> wrote in message
>> I had a one-time problem that made me redownload the list of
>> newsgroups after shutting down the bridge. It only happened once.
>>

> Word on the street is this is caused by shutting down Windows without
> manually closing the bridge. Make sure you manually close the bridge
> prior to shutting down Windows.
>
> -- David

I didn't shut down windows. I closed the bridge, closed thunderbird,
started the bridge and started thunderbird. I also tried restarting in
the opposite order.

It refused to acknowledge the existence of already subscribed groups
until I deleted them, refreshed the list of groups and resubscribed to
the groups again.

From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
It is fairly gross. BUt until you've tried to raise a fungus youself, you can't
appreciate how gross it really is (I was trying to grow mushrooms in my right sinus
cativty, and the pain was a whole new level of pain I had never before encountered. How
they got it out was even grosser, and I will spare you the details. "Roto-rooter" comes
to mind as a description, but it wasn't that elegant.)
joe

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 13:54:15 -0500, "Tom Serface" <tom(a)camaswood.com> wrote:

>Man, now there's a word picture I'll have to live with for at least a day...
>
>Tom
>
>"Joseph M. Newcomer" <newcomer(a)flounder.com> wrote in message
>> But a fungus can grow on you, too. It doesn't make it more aesthetic or
>> desirable because
>> it is growing on you...
>> joe
>>
>> On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 07:45:43 -0500, "Tom Serface" <tom(a)camaswood.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>It's kind of growing on me. It doesn't have the community feel of the
>>>newsgroups, but I don't think it's too bad.
>>>
>>>Tom

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com