From: Michael Benveniste on
On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 11:44:50 -0500, Bowser <Canon(a)Nikon.Panny> wrote:

>Let's simplify things this month. Drag out those 50mm primes and shoot
>a pic using nothing but that, or whatever lens you have that provides
>the equivilant angle of view of, yes, 46.8 degrees.

Alas, Nikon 50mm primes have an angle of view of 45.49 degrees.

>Fire at will...

If you insist, but can't we choose a more interesting subject than
hoary old legal documents?

http://wemightneedthat.biz/Images/wont.jpg (not an entry)

--
Mike Benveniste -- mhb(a)murkyether.com (Clarification Required)
Don't succumb to the false authority of a tool or model. There
From: Bowser on
On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 12:58:04 -0500, Michael Benveniste
<mhb(a)murkyether.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 11:44:50 -0500, Bowser <Canon(a)Nikon.Panny> wrote:
>
>>Let's simplify things this month. Drag out those 50mm primes and shoot
>>a pic using nothing but that, or whatever lens you have that provides
>>the equivilant angle of view of, yes, 46.8 degrees.
>
>Alas, Nikon 50mm primes have an angle of view of 45.49 degrees.

Damn shame. According to Big Bob's angle of view calculator, they
should be 46.8:

http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/technical/field_of_view.html

I strongly suggest you dump all the sub-standard gear, get a 5D II
along with a 50mm 1.4 Canon lens and then you can enter the
"competition."

Heh, heh...

OK, how about 46.8 degrees plus or minus 5 degrees?

From: Paul Furman on
Bruce wrote:

> That's not a "mandate".

Why so grumpy?
I don't recall you ever participated in any way.

I didn't submit for games because I guess I'm not a very fun guy <g>, I
just couldn't think of anything. I did think of shooting the sketchy
looking chess players downtown who play for money on the sidewalk but
didn't really feel like getting in their faces and didn't make it
downtown during the month. They don't play for fun anyways... very
serious. Anyways I didn't submit but I didn't complain either.

I'm tempted to cheat this mandate by using a 50mm reversed on bellows
for a macro shot <g> but I won't.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

From: tony cooper on
On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 11:44:50 -0500, Bowser <Canon(a)Nikon.Panny> wrote:

>OK, here's the new mandate for the Shoot In, due January 17th, 2010.
>Let's simplify things this month. Drag out those 50mm primes and shoot
>a pic using nothing but that, or whatever lens you have that provides
>the equivilant angle of view of, yes, 46.8 degrees. Use a zoom if you
>like, but lock it at "50." Fire at will...
>
>http://www.pbase.com/shootin/468_degrees
>
>http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

I don't understand. I had prime lenses when I was shooting film, but
all I have now are zoom lenses including an 18/55. Does that mean I
shoot at 50?

Does it mean no cropping? Just resizing?
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: Robert Spanjaard on
On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 11:44:50 -0500, Bowser wrote:

> OK, here's the new mandate for the Shoot In, due January 17th, 2010.
> Let's simplify things this month. Drag out those 50mm primes and shoot a
> pic using nothing but that, or whatever lens you have that provides the
> equivilant angle of view of, yes, 46.8 degrees. Use a zoom if you like,
> but lock it at "50." Fire at will...
>
> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/468_degrees
>
> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

Well... I'm not going to participate, because I probably won't shoot much
the next couple of weeks. But I did shoot at a fair last August, and for
that I only brought my Sigma 30mm F/1.4 (because of the neutral
perspective and the large aperture).

BTW, number 4 and 5 are deliberately out of focus. :-)

http://www.arumes.com/temp/kermis2009/

--
Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com