From: Bruce on
On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 16:29:00 -0400, "Neil Harrington"
<nobody(a)homehere.net> wrote:
>"Bruce" <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 14:36:30 -0400, "Neil Harrington"
>> <nobody(a)homehere.net> wrote:
>>>http://www.photographybay.com/2010/07/08/nikon-mirrorless-camera-coming-soon/
>>>
>>>So much for the "mirrorless SLR."
>>

>> The "mirrorless SLR" term came from a Bloomberg journalist, not from
>> Nikon. Probably lost in translation from Japanese to English.
>
>Either that, or a journalist who didn't really know what "SLR" meant and
>assumed the new one was the same type of camera.

My point, exactly. The guy is a journalist, not a photographer.

From: Rich on
On Jul 19, 2:36 pm, "Neil Harrington" <nob...(a)homehere.net> wrote:
> http://www.photographybay.com/2010/07/08/nikon-mirrorless-camera-comi...
>
> So much for the "mirrorless SLR."

Who is the ugly brat with Kutcher? He looks like one of those adults
who don't grow. BTW, why does that drawing of the Nikon in the
blueprint look like a CANON!!!??
From: Neil Harrington on
Rich wrote:
> On Jul 19, 2:36 pm, "Neil Harrington" <nob...(a)homehere.net> wrote:
>> http://www.photographybay.com/2010/07/08/nikon-mirrorless-camera-comi...
>>
>> So much for the "mirrorless SLR."
>
> Who is the ugly brat with Kutcher? He looks like one of those adults
> who don't grow.

Maybe one of Demi's children? Dunno.

From: Michael on
ILC is the term that Popular Photography is using for... well...ILC's.
Digital rangefinder doesn't work even though the styling is what you'd
expect if the Leica and Nikon Rangefinders were reincarnated as
digitals. ILC just means interchangeable Lens Camera and that doesn't
distinguish the mirrorless with EVF from the DSLR from, frankly, a 43
year old Nikon F.
--
Michael

From: Neil Harrington on

"Michael" <adunc79617(a)mypacks.net> wrote in message
> ILC is the term that Popular Photography is using for... well...ILC's.
> Digital rangefinder doesn't work even though the styling is what you'd
> expect if the Leica and Nikon Rangefinders were reincarnated as digitals.
> ILC just means interchangeable Lens Camera and that doesn't distinguish
> the mirrorless with EVF from the DSLR from, frankly, a 43 year old Nikon
> F.

Right, it doesn't. But it's a new TLA. :-)