From: Gordon Freeman on
dj_nme <dj_nme(a)optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> Gordon Freeman wrote:
>> "Neil Harrington" <nobody(a)homehere.net> wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.photographybay.com/2010/07/08/nikon-mirrorless-camera-coming
>>> -soon/
>>>
>>> So much for the "mirrorless SLR."
>>
>> SLR is a stupid term anyhow, I mean the whole point of an SLR is that
>> you are not restricted to a single lens!
>
> The "single lens" in SLR is referring to the viewfinder and camera lens
> as being one in the same.

Yes but that applies to 99% of digital cameras, not only compacts but even
camera phones. The only difference between a DSLR and any other camera in
terms of its name is the "R" bit - the mirror, which has been made
redundant by off-the-sensor viewing and was always a huge kludge in the
first place.
From: Wolfgang Weisselberg on
George Kerby <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> STOP FEEDING!!!

Stop screaming and start posting context.

-Wolfgang