From: ray on
On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 22:01:26 -0400, Michael wrote:

> ILC is the term that Popular Photography is using for... well...ILC's.
> Digital rangefinder doesn't work even though the styling is what you'd
> expect if the Leica and Nikon Rangefinders were reincarnated as
> digitals. ILC just means interchangeable Lens Camera and that doesn't
> distinguish the mirrorless with EVF from the DSLR from, frankly, a 43
> year old Nikon F.

Quite simple: IEVF or ILEVF or even ILEV - I like that one.
From: Bowser on
On 20 Jul 2010 14:26:29 GMT, ray <ray(a)zianet.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 22:01:26 -0400, Michael wrote:
>
>> ILC is the term that Popular Photography is using for... well...ILC's.
>> Digital rangefinder doesn't work even though the styling is what you'd
>> expect if the Leica and Nikon Rangefinders were reincarnated as
>> digitals. ILC just means interchangeable Lens Camera and that doesn't
>> distinguish the mirrorless with EVF from the DSLR from, frankly, a 43
>> year old Nikon F.
>
>Quite simple: IEVF or ILEVF or even ILEV - I like that one.

Nah. The tried and true EVIL works for me. Why change now?
From: David J Taylor on
"Bowser" <Canon(a)Nikon.Panny> wrote in message
> On 20 Jul 2010 14:26:29 GMT, ray <ray(a)zianet.com> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 22:01:26 -0400, Michael wrote:
>>
>>> ILC is the term that Popular Photography is using for... well...ILC's.
>>> Digital rangefinder doesn't work even though the styling is what you'd
>>> expect if the Leica and Nikon Rangefinders were reincarnated as
>>> digitals. ILC just means interchangeable Lens Camera and that doesn't
>>> distinguish the mirrorless with EVF from the DSLR from, frankly, a 43
>>> year old Nikon F.
>>
>>Quite simple: IEVF or ILEVF or even ILEV - I like that one.
>
> Nah. The tried and true EVIL works for me. Why change now?

Fairly obvious, I would have thought! Or did I miss the smiley?

David

From: Neil Harrington on

"Gordon Freeman" <Gordon(a)freeman.invalid> wrote in message
> "Neil Harrington" <nobody(a)homehere.net> wrote:
>
>> http://www.photographybay.com/2010/07/08/nikon-mirrorless-camera-coming
>> -soon/
>>
>> So much for the "mirrorless SLR."
>
> SLR is a stupid term anyhow, I mean the whole point of an SLR is that
> you are not restricted to a single lens!

At a time. Not a single lens forever. Distinguishes the type from twin-lens
reflex, that's all.

> But since the term exists, why not go the whole hog and use "mirrorless
> SLR" for something which is neither reflex nor single lens.

Because "mirrorles SLR" is a contradiction in terms.

From: Wolfgang Weisselberg on
ray <ray(a)zianet.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 22:01:26 -0400, Michael wrote:

>> ILC just means interchangeable Lens Camera and that doesn't
>> distinguish the mirrorless with EVF from the DSLR from, frankly, a 43
>> year old Nikon F.

> Quite simple: IEVF or ILEVF or even ILEV - I like that one.

Much better: Electronic Viewfinder, Interchangeable Lens (EVIL).

-Wolfgang