From: John H Meyers on
On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 18:41:16 -0500, Jim D. wrote:

> My tests have indicated at 9600 baud and below conn4x incorrectly
> times out on XMODEM transfers. It is probably machine dependent,
> so you may see 4800.

> I spent a considerable amount of time with a serial analyzer
> checking byte by byte that the calculator was attempting
> to send the correct data, and it does. Further, the serial analyzer
> notes any incorrectly sent characters, and it no time did it see any.

> So I will say that the 50G and the cable DO work correctly
> at 2400 baud.

That's quite a bit of fine analysis!

Did you ever hear of a "Jim D" who was once at HP,
and used to offer a lot of extra HP calc info
(including some great books)?

-[ ]-
From: John H Meyers on
On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 09:13:42 -0500:

> got an error when trying
> http://www.educalc.net/1045489.page
> (Easter Eggs for 40GS)

May be working again now.

AMIGOS > "COLIN"
From: Colin Croft on
John H Meyers wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 09:13:42 -0500:
>

>>got an error when trying
>>http://www.educalc.net/1045489.page
>>(Easter Eggs for 40GS)
>

> May be working again now.
>
> AMIGOS > "COLIN"

Yup. That's me. ::blushes modestly::
I was lucky enough to be involved in a small way in the Enterprise
project back in 2000 that produced the 39/40G.
Lots of fun. :-) JYA built in a number of easter eggs, including two games!