From: J Wald on
It has been suggested that i would be better off with 4ohm subs. How do you
feel about the JBL M-PRO MP418S's? Thanks.
http://www.jblpro.com/mpro/PDF/MP418S.pdf
--
J Wald

From: Eeyore on

J Wald wrote:

> "Eeyore" wrote
>
> > Top-replying (against my norm) for speed only here.
> >
> > Will take some times to take all that in. You're only using one monitor
> > mix ?
> >
> Two actually. 1 up front for a singing guitar player, and an in-ear rig in
> back for the drummer.

OK that explains the use of only 1 channel of your EP2500 ? for monitors.

Graham

From: Eeyore on

J Wald wrote:

Another quick top-post. What dividing networks (electronic crossovers) do you own ?

Graham

From: JWald on

"Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> J Wald wrote:
>
> Another quick top-post. What dividing networks (electronic crossovers) do
> you own ?
>
> Graham

I have an old DOD SR835 series II.
http://www.dod.com/crossovers/sr835.htm

I have looked at the Behringer CX2310. To run the aux subs I'll need a
second x-over right? I thought I'd use what ever new I buy to run the tops
and then put the DOD on the subs.
http://www.behringerdownload.de/CX2310/CX2310_A_Specs.pdf

If and when you look at all of these specs I'm sending, please take note
that once I get the speaker to amp issue sorted out, I'm going to ask for
help with proper gain structure thoughout the signal chain. Do you have a
site in mind that explains it? Thanks.

jwald

From: sluggo on
On Jul 13, 3:26 pm, "JWald" <wl...(a)grics.net> wrote:

> I have looked at the Behringer CX2310. To run the aux subs I'll need a
> second x-over right?

Not if you're running mono, because the CX2310 is a stereo (2 channel)
unit. Set the unit to stereo 2-way and run your console main (mono)
out into one channel and your sub aux. into the other. Match your x-
over freqs (or you can experiment with under/overlapping, if you
want...) and run out of the high out to mains, on ch. 1 and low out,
to subs, on ch. 2.

I did this exact thing on this same x-over for about a year... Then a
channel in the Behringer unit failed on me...

By then, I had switched to an O1v96 and started using special eq
settings on the parametric to create a steep HPF on the mains out and
a similar LPF on an aux. out of an omni out, for subs, to nix the x-
over altogether...

Steve