From: Eeyore on

J Wald wrote:

> "Eeyore" wrote
> > J Wald wrote:
> >> "liquidator" wrote

> >> Thanks. OP here and I'm unlearning as we speak(?). You make perfect sense
> >> to me. I've read before how the spec's are BS, but didn't know what the
> real
> >> deal was; now I do.
> >
> > Sure ? What size amp do you use with what rating and impedance speaker and
> > why and when ?
>
> Dunno.

I thought so.

> I was referring to the "you have 600 watt speakers" statement.

How about you start with a model number of what you have or are thinking of
buying and how you plan to use it ? Then we'll take it from there.

Graham

From: J Wald on

"Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> How about you start with a model number of what you have or are thinking
> of
> buying and how you plan to use it ? Then we'll take it from there.
>
> Graham

Fair enough Graham.
I currently own:
Speaker Cabs (The SP4's are 4 ohm. All others are 8 ohm.)
1 pr Peavey SP4 G's - 600w continuous (49.0v RMS)
http://www.peavey.com/support/searchmanuals/list/sp4g.cfm
1 pr Peavey SP5's - 400w continuous
http://www.peavey.com/support/searchmanuals/list/sp5_specs.cfm
1 pr Peavey FH1's - 350 w continuous (52.9v RMS)
http://www.peavey.com/support/searchmanuals/list/fh1.cfm
1 pr Peavey Subcompact 18's - 350w (52.9v RMS)
http://www.peavey.com/support/searchmanuals/list/subcompact18ss.cfm
2 Yamaha SM 15V Monitor
http://www2.yamaha.co.jp/manual/pdf/pa/english/speakers/s112v_en_om_c0.pdf

Amps:
2 Peavey PV2000
http://www.peavey.com/support/searchmanuals/list/pv2000.cfm
2 QSC RMX2450's
http://media.qscaudio.com/pdfs/Specifications/RMX_spec.pdf
1 Behringer EP2500
http://www.behringerdownload.de/EP1500_EP2500/IMPL%20Tech%20GLOB_P0183_S%20Support%20EN_2008-01-25_Rev.6.pdf

Mixer:
A&H MixWizard WZ3 16:2

In the past I was in a 3 pc. country rock band playing small bars.
I used the SP5's on stands with the FH1's. From the x-over, crossed at about
125ish, I powered the SP5's and the FH1's with 1channel each of 2 2450's run
in parallel, and 1 SM15V fed from 1 channel of the EP 2500.
Now I'm playing in a rock cover band and I bought the SP4's, subcompacts,
and the PV2000's from a guy selling all his gear. I'd heard this gear in the
past and felt it would serve my band just fine. Plus, the price was right.
For the smaller pubs, I'd thought of the SP5's/stick with the FH1's or
Subcompacts as the spec's seem to be about the same. I need to lose a set,
so I need to figure which has got to go. If I end up with a new set of LF's,
I'm dumping both.. I'd even thought of placing the LF cabs together in the
front/middle of the stage, using the previously mentioned aux sub feed
technique.
I have no intentions of trying to play any big venues with this rig, but for
something outside (ie... party) I have used the larger SP4's stacked on top
of the Subcompacts. I powered each SP4 with a PV2000; bridged. The
Subcompacts got 1 channel each from a 2450 run paralell. The monitor
continued to recieve 1 channel from the EP2500.
I have been looking at the newer subs (Peavey SP118's)
http://www.peavey.com/support/searchmanuals/list/sp118_specs.cfm
because I thought they would fit with my present tops, and newer technology
might get me a little more low end. In addition, I thought that, should I
want to add a second set of LF drivers, it would be easier to find a
matching pair.
I've come to you folks for help because i want to know how to utilize what
I've got, the best I can. I've tried to give you all the info I have.
Although I'm reading a lot, trying to learn, I'm not up on all the concepts
and vocabulary yet. So, if you would, please, explain where I am and where I
need to go. Money is an object as well; I'm about tapped out. Thanks.

J Wald

Tattaglia's a pimp
Vito Corleone - Godfather I

From: J Wald on

"J Wald" <wldj4(a)grics.net> wrote in message

> [...]
> Subcompacts got 1 channel each from a 2450 run paralell. The monitor
> continued to recieve 1 channel from the EP2500.
> I have been looking at the newer subs (Peavey SP118's)
> http://www.peavey.com/support/searchmanuals/list/sp118_specs.cfm
> because I thought they would fit with my present tops, and newer
> technology might get me a little more low end. In addition, I thought
> that, should I want to add a second set of LF drivers, it would be easier
> to find a matching pair.
> I've come to you folks for help because i want to know how to utilize what
> I've got, the best I can. I've tried to give you all the info I have.
> Although I'm reading a lot, trying to learn, I'm not up on all the
> concepts and vocabulary yet. So, if you would, please, explain where I am
> and where I need to go. Money is an object as well; I'm about tapped out.

It has been suggested that i would be better off with 4ohm subs. How do you
feel about the JBL M-PRO MP418S's? Thanks.
http://www.jblpro.com/mpro/PDF/MP418S.pdf
--
J Wald

From: Eeyore on
Top-replying (against my norm) for speed only here.

Will take some times to take all that in. You're only using one monitor mix ?

Grahaj

From: J Wald on

> Top-replying (against my norm) for speed only here.
>
> Will take some times to take all that in. You're only using one monitor
> mix ?
>
> Grahaj

Two actually. 1 up front for a singing guitar player, and an in-ear rig in
back for the drummer.
--
J Wald