From: murfit on
Hi guys, I play in a rock band playing covers in pubs and clubs. we
play zeppelin, stones, clash, various blues rhcp etc tunes. the band
consists of drums, bass, electric guitar, acoustic guitar and four
vocals with keys on occasion. the venues we play in hold between two
and four hundred people

Our pa is getting a bit ancient and we recently decided to upgrade to
a new setup. could anyone suggest a good setup for around the three to
four grand mark?

we're looking for something that will give good clear vocals and a
powerful drum sound.

any feedback would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Darren Murphy
From: Kevin T on
On Jul 3, 11:40 am, murfit <darren.m...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys, I play in a rock band playing covers in pubs and clubs. we
> play zeppelin, stones, clash, various blues rhcp etc tunes. the band
> consists of drums, bass, electric guitar, acoustic guitar and four
> vocals with keys on occasion. the venues we play in hold between two
> and four hundred people
>
> Our pa is getting a bit ancient and we recently decided to upgrade to
> a new setup. could anyone suggest a good setup for around the three to
> four grand mark?
>
> we're looking for something that will give good clear vocals and a
> powerful drum sound.
>
> any feedback would be greatly appreciated
> Thanks
> Darren Murphy

Budget? Vocals only or what? Monitor requirements?
From: Rupert on
On Jul 3, 9:51 am, Kevin T <kgtr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 3, 11:40 am, murfit <darren.m...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi guys, I play in a rock band playing covers in pubs and clubs. we
> > play zeppelin, stones, clash, various blues rhcp etc tunes. the band
> > consists of drums, bass, electric guitar, acoustic guitar and four
> > vocals with keys on occasion. the venues we play in hold between two
> > and four hundred people
>
> > Our pa is getting a bit ancient and we recently decided to upgrade to
> > a new setup. could anyone suggest a good setup for around the three to
> > four grand mark?
>
> > we're looking for something that will give good clear vocals and a
> > powerful drum sound.
>
> > any feedback would be greatly appreciated
> > Thanks
> > Darren Murphy
>
> Budget? Vocals only or what? Monitor requirements?

You might want to re-read the post, he stated that they wanted vocals
and "a powerful drum sound" in the "three to four grand mark."

Rupert

From: Joe Kotroczo on
On 3/07/08 19:10, in article
9281ae49-8b99-4a04-ae5c-ffe58772ef6a(a)z24g2000prf.googlegroups.com, "Rupert"
<foodsteaks(a)linkline.com> wrote:

(...)
>>> Our pa is getting a bit ancient and we recently decided to upgrade to
>>> a new setup. could anyone suggest a good setup for around the three to
>>> four grand mark?
>>
>>> we're looking for something that will give good clear vocals and a
>>> powerful drum sound.
(...)
>> Budget? Vocals only or what? Monitor requirements?
>
> You might want to re-read the post, he stated that they wanted vocals
> and "a powerful drum sound" in the "three to four grand mark."

Dollars? Euros? Yen?

;-)

--
Joe Kotroczo kotroczo(a)mac.com

From: Ron Capik on
murfit wrote:

> Hi guys, I play in a rock band playing covers in pubs and clubs. we
> play zeppelin, stones, clash, various blues rhcp etc tunes. the band
> consists of drums, bass, electric guitar, acoustic guitar and four
> vocals with keys on occasion. the venues we play in hold between two
> and four hundred people
>
> Our pa is getting a bit ancient and we recently decided to upgrade to
> a new setup. could anyone suggest a good setup for around the three to
> four grand mark?
>
> we're looking for something that will give good clear vocals and a
> powerful drum sound.
>
> any feedback would be greatly appreciated
> Thanks
> Darren Murphy

My first questions would be what do you have now, and what are
it's short comings?
[ie: Has it become unreliable, too bulky and hard to set up, lacking
power or frequency response, etc.... ]

One doesn't replace stuff just because it's old, as in:
my Stratovarius is ancient and I'd like to replace it with
something modern. <G>

Later...

Ron Capik
--