From: Denny Strauser on
Eeyore wrote:
> Horn loading can cover a far wider bandwidth and be far flatter in response.
> They do need to be big to go low though. Like this for example.
> http://www.dancetech.com/aa_dt_new/pa/2X15-folded.cfm
>
> These are what I used to use. Couple two, side by side and it's -3dB @ 35Hz.
> http://www.rainbowmusicomaha.com/evwbinsubs12dualaltecpair888.jpg

I used to have some W-cabs, as well. I really liked them. They're very
tight sounding. Most designs are unported (infinite baffle) and can be
driven hard with less likelihood (than ported cabinets) of causing
speaker damage from bottoming out the voice coil. Good for a band who
does their own sound.

> These were classics too
> http://www.martin-audio.com/specifications/oldproducts/DataSheet/ModularPAdatasheet.zip

These bring back memories. I saw these in a few clubs in the '80's. They
sounded pretty good.

-Denny
From: Denny Strauser on
sluggo wrote:
> <snipped Yorkville recommendation>

I can't say for sure, but I've been told that Yorkville uses RCF
drivers, the same as EAW cabinets.

I scavenged two Yorkville 15" drivers as backups for our monitors, when
our JBL drivers are out for reconing. They seem to hold up well under
hard use.

-Denny
From: George's ProSound Company on

"Denny Strauser" <dennysound_comcast_net> wrote in message
> Eeyore wrote:
>> Horn loading can cover a far wider bandwidth and be far flatter in
>> response.
>> They do need to be big to go low though. Like this for example.
>> http://www.dancetech.com/aa_dt_new/pa/2X15-folded.cfm
>>
>> These are what I used to use. Couple two, side by side and it's -3dB @
>> 35Hz.
>> http://www.rainbowmusicomaha.com/evwbinsubs12dualaltecpair888.jpg
>
> I used to have some W-cabs, as well. I really liked them. They're very
> tight sounding. Most designs are unported (infinite baffle) and can be
> driven hard with less likelihood (than ported cabinets) of causing speaker
> damage from bottoming out the voice coil. Good for a band who does their
> own sound.
>
>> These were classics too
>> http://www.martin-audio.com/specifications/oldproducts/DataSheet/ModularPAdatasheet.zip
>
> These bring back memories. I saw these in a few clubs in the '80's. They
> sounded pretty good.
>
> -Denny

I have 12 horn loaded subs
8 eaw bh-800
and 4 eaw la-400's
I also have 4 rcf 1018's

of them the bh-800's are my big show outdoor subs
the 1018's are my club subs
the 400's will most likely be sold to buy some meyer 650's
george

From: George's ProSound Company on

> sluggo wrote:
>> <snipped Yorkville recommendation>
>
> I can't say for sure, but I've been told that Yorkville uses RCF drivers,
> the same as EAW cabinets.

eaw is loyal to no driver
yes they used lots of RCF
but eminence is a prominent supplier at this time
and emilar has found favor in many of thier HF designs
george

From: Denny Strauser on
George's ProSound Company wrote:
> the 400's will most likely be sold to buy some meyer 650's

Now you're talking. I love the 650's. But that's for another thread...

-Denny
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: C-Audio schematic?